The Sun: Kadri Not Impressed By Jersey Tossing Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You are correct.
My daughter works as a store manager for two large McDonald's and the employee would not be fired if a customer toss a burger on the floor and they told them are not welcome in the store.

Huh? So you've disused this rather unusual and specific example with your daughter sometime in the past and you just happen to be able to pull it out of your tool chest of extensive knowledge to substantiate a rather unusual comparison between tossing a jersey on the ice and someone throwing a burger on the floor at a restaurant? Interesting…

So since someone was telling us what would happen in the “real worldâ€, this is what would happen.. Customer takes a fit cause the product is garbage, employee asks him to leave, and customer complains to the manager, manager either comps the meal or asks the person to leave, person then complains to the managers boss, managers boss probably comps meal… how do I know? It’s not because I have a convenient story from my daughter… it’s because I ran an award winning hotel for many years many moons ago… So in the real world I’ve actually ran a business that was very profitable, the top customer satisfaction rating in our chain for multiple years and I had a VERY low employee turnover rate… so I think I might have an inside view on how the real world works.

In the end everyone has a boss and in the end no matter how you frame it, if the consumer goes up high enough on the food chain they will get an apology and probably something for free.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Huh? So you've disused this rather unusual and specific example with your daughter sometime in the past and you just happen to be able to pull it out of your tool chest of extensive knowledge to substantiate a rather unusual comparison between tossing a jersey on the ice and someone throwing a burger on the floor at a restaurant? Interesting…

So since someone was telling us what would happen in the “real worldâ€, this is what would happen.. Customer takes a fit cause the product is garbage, employee asks him to leave, and customer complains to the manager, manager either comps the meal or asks the person to leave, person then complains to the managers boss, managers boss probably comps meal… how do I know? It’s not because I have a convenient story from my daughter… it’s because I ran an award winning hotel for many years many moons ago… So in the real world I’ve actually ran a business that was very profitable, the top customer satisfaction rating in our chain for multiple years and I had a VERY low employee turnover rate… so I think I might have an inside view on how the real world works.

In the end everyone has a boss and in the end no matter how you frame it, if the consumer goes up high enough on the food chain they will get an apology and probably something for free.

You're expecting Shanahan to give comp this guy some tickets as an apology?
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

It's kind of silly to assume you're the only person here with "real world" experience.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You're expecting Shanahan to give comp this guy some tickets as an apology?
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

It's kind of silly to assume you're the only person here with "real world" experience.

Never said anything of the sort, simply saying the approach to a poor customer service experience in the service industry is TOTALY different than the approach to a poor customer service experience in the entertainment business.

For someone to tell a service industry "story" that ends with store manager clearly lacks an understanding of the hierarchy of management in the service industry and their desire to stop poor feedback from going up the food chain.

In the service industry a manager’s bonus is often graded in part with a customer service experience score, I know mine was. If I didn’t have a rating of 98% of people would return I lost that portion of my bonus, so in an effort to keep my bonus I made sure every negative comment was followed up personally by me and usually the person had their night comp’ed plus received a free night stay. If I followed up that negative was then eliminated from the pool of comments.

So this discussion started with the statement that the customer is always right, well the customer might not always be right but I can guarantee you that in the service industry the customer will always get what he wants if he is persistent and goes up high enough the food chain.

So to sum it up the McDonalds story is a water bucket with a big hole in the bottom of it, it don’t hold water, don’t believe it for one second.

Back to Kadri, his words, “we don’t need fans like that”.. he is implying that he only wants mindless robots who don’t show emotion and only pat him on the back at all times… sounds exactly like what a child with few life experiences like Kadri would say… they tend to be overly sensitive to criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad