The Sun: Kadri Not Impressed By Jersey Tossing Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
It seems Kadri isn't impressed with the fan who threw his jersey onto the ice during the Pittsburgh game.

Nazem Kadri saw the balled-up Leafs jersey tossed to the ice in a fit of frustration on Saturday night and, no, the Toronto forward didn’t like it.

“Very disrespectful ... we don’t need fans like that,†Kadri said prior to Sunday’s meeting here with the New York Rangers. “Guys were going up to him and giving him high fives like he won the Oscar.

“I’m not sure what his deal was. I’m sure once we string a few wins together in a row he’ll be back at the front of the line trying to purchase another jersey.â€

Here is a link to the entire story:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/12/we-dont-need-fans-like-that-leafs-kadri-responds-to-jersey-toss

TheThrill81*

What you quoted was pretty much the entire story. Moving on then...

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Water on under the bridge. Some people do dumb things they regret. Time to move on. Blowing this thing out of proportion. In before "Beating a dead horse." "Making a mountain out of a molehill."

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
pretty stupid to do after 2 games lol.
Maybe the guy didn't want to have to buy a ticket to the last home game to be in the clear to do it then.

Don't know why the guy felt like tossing his jersey then or his circumstances. Threw a jersey, doesn't really matter, moving on.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I hate people who disrespect the jersey.

The jersey and the 'Maple Leaf' that adorns it is a matter of pride. It is what represents us as fans of the team and its history.

By tossing it, you are disrespecting everyone that has ever worn the jersey in my opinion.

Take your frustration out by not coming to the game, hurling 'boos' in the team's direction, or just voicing criticism through media outlets. Just keep the jersey out of it.

I'm probably weird, but I think as a Leafs fan the jersey is very important and should not be disrespected like that.

arizona beamer*

The jersey and the 'Maple Leaf' that adorns it is a matter of pride. It is what represents us as fans of the team and its history.

By tossing it, you are disrespecting everyone that has ever worn the jersey in my opinion.

Take your frustration out by not coming to the game, hurling 'boos' in the team's direction, or just voicing criticism through media outlets. Just keep the jersey out of it.

I'm probably weird, but I think as a Leafs fan the jersey is very important and should not be disrespected like that.

You are acting like it is a sacred totem or religious artifact. It's just a jersey and if a team plays horribly as the Leafs did against Pittsburgh that night, then it seems like a fair form of frustration to me, albeit, stupid.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto

Meh - soon enough there's going to be ads on the jerseys... to me that will be a much bigger disrespect than a disgruntled fan throwing his. It's a business, not a religion (although there isn't much of a difference in the West anyways...).

TheThrill81*

You are acting like it is a sacred totem or religious artifact. It's just a jersey and if a team plays horribly as the Leafs did against Pittsburgh that night, then it seems like a fair form of frustration to me, albeit, stupid.

Of course it's a religious artifact. Hockey is a religion. :sarcasm:

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
I hate people who disreuspect the jersey.

Yes you're weird (joke), it you're opinion and that's fine. Kadri needs to keep his mouth shut and just play. This team has been such a disappointment with their collapses each year. If the don't make the playoffs this year and get passed the first round this core needs to be gone. This team only plays well when it feels like it and the top 6 should take most of the blame. Until they figure out how to play at both ends this team is going no where with these guys. They have no passion or urgency. At least this guy who threw his jersey was showing his passion, enough is enough.

WinB4IDIE

Oct 22, 2007
Ontario
It seems Kadri isn't impressed with the fan who threw his jersey onto the ice during the Pittsburgh game.

Kadri can go **** himself! that lazy ***** is steeling money, I can understand a comment like this coming from Jonatin Toews or Sidney Crosby men who lead winning organizations and players that have many accomplishments but Kadri so far is a glorified second or third line centre that has done nothing for his team. A team that has choked the last three years, he's got a lot of nerve.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Fans have a right to show their displeasure any way they want, short of throwing feces on the ice. If Kadri or any Leaf has a problem with that they should look at themselves and play better, and not call out the fans. He don't need fans like that? Well maybe I don't want a team like that?

arizona beamer*

Does anyone else recall Kadri calling the fans peasants accompanied by a pic of him on his private jet via twitter in the off season?

That sparked a bit of a ****storm.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

Kadri can go **** himself! that lazy ***** is steeling money, I can understand a comment like this coming from Jonatin Toews or Sidney Crosby men who lead winning organizations and players that have many accomplishments but Kadri so far is a glorified second or third line centre that has done nothing for his team. A team that has choked the last three years, he's got a lot of nerve.

I know! How DARE he???? :rant:

AlexMo89

Sep 29, 2014
Umm, this is a bit extreme....Kadri was asked a question and he answered honestly. People always say they don't want to hear the typical "political" response from leaf players yet when one player speaks their honest opinion people tell them to shut up. Look, yes fans are mad and upset (understandable) but it doesn't mean they are the only people that get to have an opinion.

Lastly, Kadri has been one of our best leaf players for us in these past few games so please spare me this nonsense of him being lazy and "steeling money" especially since he is not making near as much as others on the team. Oh and FYI Crosby did say something about the incident, he thought it was classless. So because Crosby has won a Stanley Cup he can say its disrespectful/classless but yet Kadri can't?

Oh and PS - Kadri was one of the main reasons the leafs made their first playoff appearance in a long time (remember the shortened season)? So that's something to look at as a positive.

Last edited:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Interesting. I remember last year Dallas Eakins being upset at a fan who threw a jersey on the ice too. I originally thought players/coaches would view it as motivation because it signifies that the team isn't playing well. But after another person being mad at the fan it doesn't seem to be that way.

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The fan is the stupid one, bunch of millionaires could care less you threw a jersey. Your the one who paid $300 for the game, plus beer, plus some expensive overpriced food, include the parking and bam.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012

lawl calm down there buddy, it was rude to throw a jersey on the ice and Kadri has a right to voice his own opinion.

nDUA8Hh.gif

Dis is becoming like my signature image now haha.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
I was at that game . Luckily I was given the tickets and didn't pay the $300 face value on them . Had I, I would have thrown more then just a sweater. That was a putrid effort.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
The fan is the stupid one, bunch of millionaires could care less you threw a jersey. Your the one who paid $300 for the game, plus beer, plus some expensive overpriced food, include the parking and bam.

The fan based on the seats he was sitting in is probably just as rich as the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad