Post-Game Talk: Kadri nets GWG #2 against Edmonton. Leafs sweep Oilers, win 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs have a much better top 3 D but the oilers D is deeper. Will take ours every time though.

Yeah, Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev are better than any of their D, easily. Carrick is a decent top four. Our only problem is too many minutes to Hunlak. This team is going to be scary good very soon. All that dead money coming of the books.

People don't realize but right now in terms of dollars, we are icing a team closer to the cap floor than the ceiling.

Really? What if Babcock says to Lou, really want them, maybe they get re-signed for 1 year terms? We could be in a year to year hell with them.

Babcock is smarter than that. Right now we don't have a choice because those guys are developing with the Marlies. Dermott, Nielsen, Valiev etc all will contend for spots, we will definitely get a big acquisition (hopefully Shattenkirk).

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Yeah, Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev are better than any of their D, easily. Carrick is a decent top four. Our only problem is too many minutes to Hunlak. This team is going to be scary good very soon. All that dead money coming of the books.

People don't realize but right now in terms of dollars, we are icing a team closer to the cap floor than the ceiling.

Yep.

F - 24,111,668
D - 15,425,000
G - 5,750,000
Total: 45,286,668

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
For an offensive defenseman, I hardly see Rielly ever getting caught up the ice. His transitional game is unreal.

He blew his coverage very badly trying to strip the puck and whiffing quite a few times earlier this year that caused Andersen to be left out to dry.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yep.

F - 24,111,668
D - 15,425,000
G - 5,750,000
Total: 45,286,668

Damn that's below the cap floor :laugh:. I love that we waived all those veterans and stuck to our rookies. The best guys are truly playing for the Leafs now. No one getting ice time just to justify their paycheque.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Damn that's below the cap floor :laugh:. I love that we waived all those veterans and stuck to our rookies. The best guys are truly playing for the Leafs now. No one getting ice time just to justify their paycheque.

I'm thrilled as well. I really thought for some reason that guys like Laich and Michalek would be on the roster but nope, it's turned out exactly the way I hoped it would.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
And that's how you close out a game on the road. Hopefully, a sign of things to come.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Kadri is really surprising me. He is legitimately awesome. Clutch goal scorer, dirty, defense, big hit. What a steal of a contract, wow.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Don't see this posted in here, but if I missed it, apologies..

GAME HIGHLIGHTS

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Watched the highlights this morning and couldn't believe McDavid got an assist on the first goal. He passed it to the defense who then passed it back and forth between each other four times before shooting.

The ORB

May 27, 2009
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Reading the Oilers board, I was shocked at just how vitriolic,bitter and seething they are in their hatred of anything Toronto. Kind of ironic that their latest messiah is a born and bred Leaf fan. :laugh:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
What a difference smart management can make.

We're already better than the perennial tankers in every single position. Love it.

It's insane how bad Nonis and Burke were... insane. Drafting, trading...media, relationship with players... just utter crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad