Kadri Discussion Thread: ''I never felt that Nazem ever listened to me'' - RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
He didn't listen one time. Did he never listen? Obviously not, from the story provided. So, one can actually infer that Wilson lied.

I'd bet $100,000 that Kadri listened to Wilson at least once, which would obviously refute Wilson's assertion that Kadri never listened. Furthermore, it's obvious that Kadri listened to Wilson a lot. Which is why he remained a member of the team.

Anyways, I'm done pointing out just how stupid and illogical Wilson's comment was. Some people get it.

Never in most context is nothing more than a figure of speech.eg:I never speed when driving.Which is kind of true.Normally I drive the speed limit but when passing a car on a 2 lane highway I speed up a lot to get by the car before oncoming traffic approaches.

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
I guess if we completely ignore minutes played and situational context...

Excuses and more excuses all day long. How does minutes played affect FO? Every single coach and gm since junior that has been close to Kadri have witnessed first hand various problems/issues with him. Obviously there must be something off with this guy, it is no coincidence. Yet posters continue to argue his character flaws and inconsistent play are based on assumptions and speculation. I don't get it????

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Never in most context is nothing more than a figure of speech.eg:I never speed when driving.Which is kind of true.Normally I drive the speed limit but when passing a car on a 2 lane highway I speed up a lot to get by the car before oncoming traffic approaches.

That makes Wilson's point even less credible. Which is similar to my original point.

It was an exaggerated quote to generate headlines. It adds no value, other than providing another example of Wilson's unprofessional and classless behaviour.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Does anyone remember the interview with Ron (I think it was on the Fan, maybe Bobcats show) where Ron was drunk as all heck and started rambling on about "what if" Burke was interested in signing the Sedins?

That caused a big hooplah. Accusations of tampering, etc.

just make sure Ron isn't drunk when he's on the air. :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
another common theme amongst management regimes has been terrible management

Well common too are World Cup Championships, Olympic Silver, Stanley Cups, coaching records well above .500 and years and years in the game as players, execs and coaches.

Let's not pretend these guys were rookies picked from these Boards to manage the team.

There is some collective experience there that would be foolish to ignore.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Excuses and more excuses all day long. How does minutes played affect FO? Every single coach and gm since junior that has been close to Kadri have witnessed first hand various problems/issues with him. Obviously there must be something off with this guy, it is no coincidence. Yet posters continue to argue his character flaws and inconsistent play are based on assumptions and speculation. I don't get it????

I do not see the relationship with poor face off stats and poor character.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Good. Then we don't need to get hung up on player 43.

Part of the team or not. Either or the team moves on.
What do you mean by hung up? Sounds like people are just discussing him as a player. Everyone here would move him for a better player/value, the debate would be what is the value.

Still on the "Player 43"? Lame.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I guess the fact he is ranked #140 in scoring and his 45% FO average are irrelevant? It seems to me both his on and off ice actions are not desirable.

As of a few games ago, Kadri is tied for #112the in ES P/60 among all forwards. I guess that makes him one of the best 2nd line players in the NHL? Here's a link:

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...ards&minutes=500&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Yeah I know, you don't like these numbers, they're just soooo advanced am I right?

But FO%, now that's really important stuff. Never mind that poor FO% will negatively impact P/60, corsi and a whole myriad of other stuff. I guess Kadri must be especially awesome to put up decent numbers even with that FO%. I mean that FO% is just so important, it's a wonder Kadri ever scores any points at all! :biglaugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
What do you mean by hung up? Sounds like people are just discussing him as a player. Everyone here would move him for a better player/value, the debate would be what is the value.

Still on the "Player 43"? Lame.

You honestly think you will get a better player in return that can be a factor 3-4 years from now for Kadri?

If the baggage is true that will be nearly impossible. Though unloading that baggage and the resulting cap flexibility will be worth it.

Of course teams do swap talented luggage from time to time. One issue for another.

If there is no baggage you might get a prospect for him but that player will need time to develop.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You honestly think you will get a better player in return that can be a factor 3-4 years from now for Kadri?

If the baggage is true that will be nearly impossible. Though unloading that baggage and the resulting cap flexibility will be worth it.

Of course teams do swap talented luggage from time to time. One issue for another.

If there is no baggage you might get a prospect for him but that player will need time to develop.
You didn't answer my question.

If there is no value in trading him, why would you dump him? That doesn't make any sense for a capable top 6 player. You're talking about cap hit on a player who hasn't made a contract demand and "baggage" that you don't know about.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
You can't find a 50 point C for under 5 mil. You sign Kadri no question for 4.5-5

The question is term

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
As of a few games ago, Kadri is tied for #112the in ES P/60 among all forwards. I guess that makes him one of the best 2nd line players in the NHL? Here's a link:

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...ards&minutes=500&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Yeah I know, you don't like these numbers, they're just soooo advanced am I right?

But FO%, now that's really important stuff. Never mind that poor FO% will negatively impact P/60, corsi and a whole myriad of other stuff. I guess Kadri must be especially awesome to put up decent numbers even with that FO%. I mean that FO% is just so important, it's a wonder Kadri ever scores any points at all! :biglaugh:

Here we go again lol. I actually don't mind that stat, but I look at the overall player, multiple statistics and several aspects of his game while evaluating Kadri. Do you not want your best C to be good at faceoffs? Don't you want a C that is not turnover prone and isn't easily knocked off the puck? Don't you want your top C to be of good character? Is two-way play not important either? Kadri himself claims if he had a work ethic he could be up there w Tavares yet in a contract year he can't even find the motivation to play with intensity on a regular basis. Is Kadri above average in any aspect of the game? I find it hard to believe Kadri is a core piece even though Shanny claims he is. It's not like he would openly admit that Kadri is on the trade block. I also don't think it is a coincidence that every single coach and gm in both junior and with the Leafs have all publicly said negative thing about his attitude and on ice play.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

Excuses? No, common sense. If Player A and Player B put up the same per-minute production but Player B plays 300 more minutes, obviously he's going to be higher up on the scoring list despite the fact both players contribute the same production per minute out there.

Faceoffs are overrated. Just last month I did the math that the difference between Kadri and Bozak's faceoff winning percentage is slightly under one additional faceoff won per game, standardized to 1500 faceoffs apiece. Whoop-de-doo.

Criticize Kadri all you want, just please be sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad