Kadri Discussion Thread: ''I never felt that Nazem ever listened to me'' - RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

http://www.tsn.ca/video/wilson-i-never-felt-that-nazem-ever-listened-to-me-1.230332

I am tired of hearing R. Wilson shoot his mouth off about something he is no longer apart of. N. Kadri and among others on TML never listened to you R. Wilson is because they had no respect for you. You were a joke to them and even now you are a real laugh to many others.

Do everybody a favor R. Wilson, go get a hobby.

Mod note: Please keep the racial talk out of these threads. They never lead anywheres good.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Lol Wilson talking bout 2011 Kadri when he was in the Marlies?
How's he gonna listen to you if whenever plays well you send him back down. Hate this clown Wilson

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Wilson must know he's done as an NHL coach.

You cannot vent like he has and expect to ever work in professional hockey again.

glg51*

Falling right into the trap of the media... At least remove the link

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
http://www.tsn.ca/video/wilson-i-never-felt-that-nazem-ever-listened-to-me-1.230332

I am tired of hearing R. Wilson shoot his mouth off about something he is no longer apart of. N. Kadri and among others on TML never listened to you R. Wilson is because they had no respect for you. You were a joke to them and even now you are a real laugh to many others.

Do everybody a favor R. Wilson, go get a hobby.

I think he'd rather keep is job then get a hobby and hes currently being paid to comment of the leafs :P

Todd Skill

Feb 17, 2012
I wish Wilson would just crawl back under that rock he went to when he got canned. Is he of any value to the network for anything besides smarmy Leafs sound bytes?

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Ron also said he felt the Leafs organization was too easy on Naz in the early days.

We can dispute whether Naz listened to Ron... but if you think leafs were to easy on Naz than your opinion doesnt matter because its wrong

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Every week were gona hear something new from Ron

"Phil kessel always ate too much when I coached him"

"Gustavsson was always better than Reimer in my opinion"

Etc

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Ron also said he felt the Leafs organization was too easy on Naz in the early days.

We can dispute whether Naz listened to Ron... but if you think leafs were to easy on Naz than your opinion doesnt matter because its wrong

You"re just a fan. He was the head coach. It's pretty funny those on here who are saying Ron Wilson doesn't know what he's talking about when he was actually connected to the day to day operations of the team. Crazy stuff that they think they have more insight into what actually went on.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
You"re just a fan. He was the head coach. It's pretty funny those on here who are saying Ron Wilson doesn't know what he's talking about when he was actually connected to the day to day operations of the team. Crazy stuff that they think they have more insight into what actually went on.

You're probably right. It's just off that a coach would put his former team on blast like this everytime he's asked about them. Either he truly despises the Leafs that much for firing him or he knows he's done with coaching professional hockey and doesn't care about what he says to the media anymore.

Pat Quinn still remains one of the, if not the greatest coach you guys have had. He's the only guy who knew how to motivate the team and deal with the media the right way. Seems like the rest of them since him have crumbled or failed miserably.. either when it comes to motivating the team or dealing with the media or both of the two

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ron Wilson is just telling it like it is. He did this when he coached Kadri and he is doing this now after he is done coaching him too. I don't see him picking his spots at all.

I find his segments quite refreshing, and he is quite funny and entertaining as well. He brings a unique insight into the Leafs dressing room as having been on the inside of this Leafs team.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

This is just ignorance in my opinion. Throwing all logic and deduction out the window because "so and so played/coached and was there, he knows more" is just silly and sheepish.

The guy was fired by the Leafs. He wasn't able to get another job. He openly admitted less than 2 weeks ago that he hates the team and likes seeing them fail.

You don't think he has his own agenda?

Kari played 30 games sporadically under Wilson 5 years ago. Its the equivalent to Ed Olczyk going up and saying "You know Sidney Crosby never acted like a captain when he played for me"

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Willson's just has bad blood with the leafs and wants them to look like a bad organization. It is, but he makes it seem worse than it already is.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Willson's just has bad blood with the leafs and wants them to look like a bad organization. It is, but he makes it seem worse than it already is.

I'm sure he has hard feelings being fired. Anyone would for their former employers. But I doubt he would intentionally fabricate any stories when he is asked to elaborate on certain Leafs. He said some nice things about Dion on trade deadline day. It is not all about painting Toronto bad.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
This is just ignorance in my opinion. Throwing all logic and deduction out the window because "so and so played/coached and was there, he knows more" is just silly and sheepish.

The guy was fired by the Leafs. He wasn't able to get another job. He openly admitted less than 2 weeks ago that he hates the team and likes seeing them fail.

You don't think he has his own agenda?

Kari played 30 games sporadically under Wilson 5 years ago. Its the equivalent to Ed Olczyk going up and saying "You know Sidney Crosby never acted like a captain when he played for me"

Ignorance? Some fans think they have a better understanding of what went on day to day than the head coach because they listen to talk radio and post with other fans on a message board.. So it's odd for some to immediately jump to the conclusion that the former head coach has an "agenda," when you, nor I, have any clue as to what actually went on while he was the head coach. Are you saying that you do? Perhaps you have an inside connection to the team that I am unaware of? If not, then I have no reason to doubt what he is saying, and neither should you.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Ignorance? Some fans think they have a better understanding of what went on day to day than the head coach because they listen to talk radio and post with other fans on a message board.. So it's odd for some to immediately jump to the conclusion that the former head coach has an "agenda," when you, nor I, have any clue as to what actually went on while he was the head coach. Are you saying that you do? Perhaps you have an inside connection to the team that I am unaware of? If not, then I have no reason to doubt what he is saying, and neither should you.

You want it both ways though. You're taking Wilson's word for something that you know nothing about, and no one really knows anything about, just because "he was there".

Wilson openly admitted he has an agenda against the Leafs, and him taking pot shots at anyone he dealt with while he was here is a regular occurrence now. That is a fact.

While I don't agree with completely dismissing Kadri from any wrongdoing, even if you choose to take Wilson for his word, its ridiculous to rely on his 30 game assessment from 5 years ago. Randy over the course of 3 years? Sure. David Nonis during his 5 year tenure with the team? Sure.

Wilson's sample size is small and dated. Combine that with his openly negative attitude towards all things Maple Leafs and this reeks to me.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
You want it both ways though. You're taking Wilson's word for something that you know nothing about, and no one really knows anything about, just because "he was there".

Wilson openly admitted he has an agenda against the Leafs, and him taking pot shots at anyone he dealt with while he was here is a regular occurrence now. That is a fact.

While I don't agree with completely dismissing Kadri from any wrongdoing, even if you choose to take Wilson for his word, its ridiculous to rely on his 30 game assessment from 5 years ago. Randy over the course of 3 years? Sure. David Nonis during his 5 year tenure with the team? Sure.

Wilson's sample size is small and dated. Combine that with his openly negative attitude towards all things Maple Leafs and this reeks to me.

A rookie who doesn't listen to his Head Coach should be scrutinized heavily, no matter the number if he coached him for 10 games or 82.. The fact of the matter is all I hear you saying is that Ron Wilson is one terrible dude who just wants to throw everyone in the mud because he has an ax to grind.. What I'm saying is that he was actually there, he actually experienced what he is giving his opinion on.. It's crazy that because we weren't there we cannot "confirm" an opinion of his, thereby reducing the credibility of whatever he saying occurred. That's just ludicrous. Neither you, nor I, have any idea as to the actually day to day operations of the Leafs. All we have are our opinions, which are not based in anything besides what we read in the media and hear on the radio from other "insiders," who are not and were not the head coach.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Of course Kadri never listened to him, no one listened to him. How was a 20 year old kid who barely played supposed to listen to the coach when the leadership group of the team essentially got the guy fired.

Kadri is so isolated on the team its crazy. He grew up on this team without any real mentor and then we now expect him him to be a leader? We had to bring in an old cripple named Robidas to help with the kids. We brought back Leo and brought in Polak to try to add some heart. You shouldn't be bringing in heart and soul guys 6 months after you lock up your 'core' long term. Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul and Bozak are cancerous to this teams youth and I think Shanny and co are the first professionals to actually realize that.

I hope we dump those guys, bring in some actual leaders to help build an actual culture. People need to be proud to be a Leaf and need to understand that you have to fight every night because being a Leaf means being resilient.

Ron Wilson can say what he wants, but he's half the reason why Kadri is where he is.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It was always somebody else's fault when it came to Wilson.

It shouldn't be terribly surprising that he hasn't been hired again in the NHL

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
He never listened to you? And your example of that was you telling him not to turnover the puck and he turns it over? That's like telling your goalie not to allow a goal, and he lets one in.

This guy's actually a joke :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad