Kadri Discussion Thread - Back from suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Save your novel for another time. Kadri is the next Leafs cancer. He can't be gone soon enough.

I don't know about him becoming a cancer but I think anyone 25 or older that is looking for long term commitment at major dollars should be moved because TO probably will not be in a position to use them properly in the pursuit of the cup, for instance. If TO is going to commit to a rebuild I would think that 5 years before respectability is not out of line, Kadri will be 25 next year, JVR 26, Gardiner 25 then moving players like these makes sense to me because they may have decent value as trade chips. Kadri, JVR, Gardiner represent TO's short term future but say 1sts or prospects would represent TO's long term future, rebuilds are predicated on long term success rather than short term.

Those 3 players and many others on TO do not impress me as players that I feel will be the proper types of players to lead TO into the future, actually I don't see any Leafs being proper role models for the team that TO should aspire to be in the future.

Hockey is a chemistry experiment, TO's experiment is doomed, a full cleansing is necessary, immediately. I'm looking for a bright future and I don't see much good resulting from any of the present Leafs being present in the near future.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Was it last year, or maybe the year before, that Kadri was nominated for play of the year for his toe drag goal? Ever since that nomination, he's been trying to do the same thing every time he has the puck. There's not much mention of it on here but I see him as a puck hog. He doesn't pass when he should. He always wants to be the hero. I'd be happy if he no longer wore the Maple Leaf next year. Let him be a show stealer and trouble maker somewhere else. Just not here.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Was it last year, or maybe the year before, that Kadri was nominated for play of the year for his toe drag goal? Ever since that nomination, he's been trying to do the same thing every time he has the puck. There's not much mention of it on here but I see him as a puck hog. He doesn't pass when he should. He always wants to be the hero. I'd be happy if he no longer wore the Maple Leaf next year. Let him be a show stealer and trouble maker somewhere else. Just not here.

That move is so old that he used to try it before he could walk. No seriously.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
That move is so old that he used to try it before he could walk. No seriously.

And the rest of the league figured out the one trick pony last season, and it continued into this one.

Going into a rebuild, I actually could care less what they do with Kadri. He's so vastly over rated and over valued around here. I just hope they move him before he decides to sit out in September for some ridiculous, and completely unwarranted contract. That will be a great way to start the first season of a rebuild, one of the biggest self entitled brats on the team demanding a contract he has in no way deserved. Time to move on from this child and let another team pull their hair out while he tries to "Figure" it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad