Kadri Discussion Thread - Back from suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Please Read:

These Kadri threads are getting a little out of hand. There is a zero tolerance policy. These threads should not be going off topic, derailed or anything similar. We are also not here to talk about Kadris background, for obvious reasons.

If you see anyone derailing a thread, please don't engage with them. Report it (
report.gif
) and move on.

Anyone not following this will be subject to, but not limited to, a threadban.

Last edited by a moderator:

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
Hit to head suspension for Kadri?

How many games you guys think Kadri will get suspended for the hit to the head he just gave Matt Fraser?

I'm thinking he'll get 3-5.

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
Since his suspension he seems to have been dragging his feet. It could be also losing guys like Winnik and Santo who were a good influence on him I believe. I wasn't a supporter of publically pillorying Kadri for this reason, but it's done. Regardless, it speaks to the importance of hard working lunch bucket veterans to provide leadership next year.

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
I feel for Nazem. He seems rattled since coming back. Hopefully he doesn't turn into "David Clarkson part 2".
Bad decisions and bad luck = bad play.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Don Cherry after Kadri gets suspended: "NHL will regret suspending Kadri."

It is amazing how much he'll go to defend him. Nothing wrong with it, but the old man wouldn't say the same if Kadri was a Russian.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Don Cherry after Kadri gets suspended: "NHL will regret suspending Kadri."

It is amazing how much he'll go to defend him. Nothing wrong with it, but the old man wouldn't say the same if Kadri was a Russian.

Well it's tough watching a young speedy kid with great hands turn into a slow dump and chase and can't forecheck hockey player.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Rough outcome for Kadri, doesn't seem to be taking the previous suspension in a positive fashion.

Probably going to be an ugly contract negotiation that see's him traded or signed until UFA when he can get out of this dumpster fire. And thus Toronto claims another.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Kadri will now be a repeat offender considering he was suspended last year for 3 games for his hit to the head on Backstrom, if the suspension is probably a 2-3 gamer add a game or 2 for a the repeat offender and were looking at maybe 4-5?

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
Wow, never knew he was a repeat offender. That will make a difference, especially since the last suspension was also a head shot. This season can't end quick enough for this hapless crew of Leafs. It has been a complete "Gong Show" since the Randy Carlyle firing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Regardless of anything, suspension or not. He is obviously rattled from the ordeal a week ago. I stand by what I said then, he is done here and it was a stupid move on managements part.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Regardless of anything, suspension or not. He is obviously rattled from the ordeal a week ago. I stand by what I said then, he is done here and it was a stupid move on managements part.

I don't think he's done here by a long shot (if handled correctly in the summer), but I agree that I didn't like how the management handled the situation. Must be rough to lose the support of the fans and your management group.

I'm I am management in the summer, you offer Kadri a good salary 1 year deal and tell him that he has the season to earn his big deal with proper minutes and line mates. 1 x 4.5-4.75 IMO.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
Kadri will now be a repeat offender considering he was suspended last year for 3 games for his hit to the head on Backstrom, if the suspension is probably a 2-3 gamer add a game or 2 for a the repeat offender and were looking at maybe 4-5?

That's why I'm thinking the 3-5. I know without Shanaban and his anti-Leaf agenda in charge any more that we may have a better chance at a fair hearing but that was a blatant hit to the head. We know we won't catch a break.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Should note, kadri did not get kicked out of this game. He left as a precaution due to trainer recommendations after Bozak was ejected.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011

Could turn out to be the best thing to happen to his career. Everyone is looking at this in a very negative way. It seems so many around here will go to extreme levels to back this kid; without knowing what he's actually in trouble for. For 5 years now it's been one lame excuse after another for this kid and his quite obvious maturity issues. I think what Shanahan did was perfect, and gives Nazem the perfect opportunity to learn from this and become not only a stronger player, but a stronger MAN. Shanahan simply stated what so many have eluded to over the years, Nazem Kadri needs to GROW UP! Million dollar talent, 1 Dollar brain!

If anything, what Leafs management did here is what Chiarelli and the Bruins SHOULD have done before trading Seguin!

If this pisses Kadri off and makes him a better player, and my goodness...gasp, a leader...then all of this whining about management, in hindsight will be as silly as it looks now. The kid has acted like a spoiled brat since his days in junior, up to him to grow up now; I certainly hope he does....would be a shame to move his raw talent. When he DOES grow up, all those consistency issues will work themselves out as well.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Could turn out to be the best thing to happen to his career. Everyone is looking at this in a very negative way. It seems so many around here will go to extreme levels to back this kid; without knowing what he's actually in trouble for. For 5 years now it's been one lame excuse after another for this kid and his quite obvious maturity issues. I think what Shanahan did was perfect, and gives Nazem the perfect opportunity to learn from this and become not only a stronger player, but a stronger MAN. Shanahan simply stated what so many have eluded to over the years, Nazem Kadri needs to GROW UP! Million dollar talent, 1 Dollar brain!

If anything, what Leafs management did here is what Chiarelli and the Bruins SHOULD have done before trading Seguin!

If this pisses Kadri off and makes him a better player, and my goodness...gasp, a leader...then all of this whining about management, in hindsight will be as silly as it looks now. The kid has acted like a spoiled brat since his days in junior, up to him to grow up now; I certainly hope he does....would be a shame to move his raw talent. When he DOES grow up, all those consistency issues will work themselves out as well.

I think we finally see eye to eye on something. Lots of potential here, ball is in Kadri's court to grow from this.

Although I think tonight was an accident, the point still stands.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

Yep. I think they should fire Nonis and Shanahan. Make Dubas the GM. Apologize to Kadri. Sign him to a 5x5 contract and make him the #1C.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
I think we finally see eye to eye on something. Lots of potential here, ball is in Kadri's court to grow from this.

Bud, it's all I've ever said. Others have put many words in my mouth over the years, so I don't post as I used to. I've never liked the person Nazem Kadri, since seeing him in Kitchener, ALWAYS rubbed me the wrong way. HOWEVER, I have always been objective about his raw talent and potential as a player. They have put the ball in his court, it truly is up to him. In an age of Guaranteed contracts, this kid needs to be reminded that you have to work for those big dollars. If he does, and helps the Leafs become a competitive team...RIGHT ON!

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
Probably going to be an ugly contract negotiation that see's him traded or signed until UFA.

As someone who paraded / partied down Jasper Avenue during every Oilers Stanley Cup Championship - please convince management to trade Kadri to the Edmonton Oilers.

Times have changed but I see Kadri as the same irresponsible talented idiot as Mark Messier was at that age. That elbow tonight is easily worth 5 games - Messier used that reputation to ensure opposing players were terrified every time he stepped onto the ice.

To win a Stanley Cup for the Oilers - I want Kadri on my team - seriously!

Last edited:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Two games at best .....I can see one game as the outcome....and count me in on the Kadri will be gone as a Leaf why in the hell would he want to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad