Line Combos: Kadri back to the wing

The Big Chief

Dec 2, 2013
Markham/London
Maybe we could try something like this????

Raymond - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Holland - Clarkson
Levio - Kadri - Kulemin
McClement - Smithson - Orr

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Gunner
Ranger/Liles/Fraser - Franson

screw Randy's "shutdown" line.... let's play run and gun hockey. let Gardiner and Rielly handle the break out.

we end up relying on our goalies anyways... we might as well make that our strategy... full offense all the time and let our goalies bail us out... that's how we've been winning up until now.
Why would you even think about spitting up the only line giving us offence...

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
My question is: If Kadri is your best center, your future no. 1 center, why isn't he playing no. 1 center? Yes he will make mistakes but we are disorganized and losing right now anyway. It would be like having Tavares on the 2nd line and Frans Neilsen playing no. 1. Not comparing Tavares and Kadri, just saying he is 23 and drafted for a specific reason.
I like Kadri but feel he will be an NHL 2nd line center.
I would however give him the opportunity to prove me wrong.
Does management feel he is a no. 1?

I'm not sure what you mean. Unless you're strictly defining no 1 C as centering Kessel. He's perfectly capable of developing into a no 1 without being on the same line as Phil.

The only player in the Leafs system with a chance of becoming a #1 and we want to put him to wing. :facepalm:

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
The only way I would support it would be if Bolland was back and we went with something like:

JVR -- Bozak -- Kessel
Kadri -- Bolland -- Lupul
Clarkson -- Holland -- Kulemin
Ashton -- McClement -- Orr

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Wait, wait, wait. Guys... Think about it.

The team is down to Bozak and Kadri + 2 AHLers at C.

Let's move one of our C's to wing.

Think about it...

I mean, really, think. Think hard.

It's sheer genius!

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Wait, wait, wait. Guys... Think about it.

The team is down to Bozak and Kadri + 2 AHLers at C.

Let's move one of our C's to wing.

Think about it...

I mean, really, think. Think hard.

It's sheer genius!

Read my post again before throwing a childish reply like that...I said you move Kadri to the wing if you can bring in a #2 to play behind Bozak. Never said move him today. So read the post understand the post and form an intelligent reply to it

So you have

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul New C(Schenn, Couturier, O'Reilly etc.) Kadri
Clarkson Bolland Kulemin
Raymond McClement Orr/Mclaren/scrub/scrub

Way better depth with 3 lines that can score and a 4th line that can take a regular shift. Your wings get better in the process by leaving out one of the goons on the 4th line for Raymond who bumps down the lineup to for a Bruin's type 4th line.

mikebel111*

Read my post again before throwing a childish reply like that...I said you move Kadri to the wing if you can bring in a #2 to play behind Bozak. Never said move him today. So read the post understand the post and form an intelligent reply to it

So you have

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul New C(Schenn, Couturier, O'Reilly etc.) Kadri
Clarkson Bolland Kulemin
Raymond McClement Orr/Mclaren/scrub/scrub

Way better depth with 3 lines that can score and a 4th line that can take a regular shift. Your wings get better in the process by leaving out one of the goons on the 4th line for Raymond who bumps down the lineup to for a Bruin's type 4th line.

if schenn were coming here. I move him to wing, not kadri.

Kadri has been much better on C than wing. Not moving him to wing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Watching Kadri play there isn't one thing in his game that would make you think he'd be better as a winger than a Centre.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
so that we can have 2 or 3 good lines instead of just 1 good line

It doesn't work like that. Taking JvR will not only affect the chemistry on the first line, there's no guarantee moving JvR will catch chemistry on the second line.

Lupul's injury couldn't have come at a worse time. We'll need to soften the blow and just wait until he comes back to play with Kadri.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
If we were to get another good centre, probably would be sending a centre back the other teams way. But if we managed to keep our centres, I would rather move Bozak to the wing then Kadri. Kadri is the better centre.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Ya, I dunno, maybe a top-10 pick who has shown he can hang with Kess and JVR should be given a decent opportunity to play #1C?

How about that, RC?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ya, I dunno, maybe a top-10 pick who has shown he can hang with Kess and JVR should be given a decent opportunity to play #1C?

How about that, RC?

I don't know if I have much more patience I have for this management. Really bad moves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad