Kadri + 8 for Eric Staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

K19*

Hey guys just driving here and I heard on the radio that Leafs could make a significant play for Eric Staal from Carolina, according to reports. Apparently it would take Kadri plus 8 for Staal and a 3rd/prospect, and talks between the two are really heating up. I'll check back later tonight when I have service to see if this blockbuster was completed.

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
Hey guys just driving here and I heard on the radio that Leafs could make a significant play for Eric Staal from Carolina, according to reports. Apparently it would take Kadri plus 8 for Staal and a 3rd/prospect, and talks between the two are really heating up. I'll check back later tonight when I have service to see if this blockbuster was completed.

and clarkson right!!!!!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If Eric Staal was in fact being shopped I would think that Carolina would receive an offer > than Kadri and the 8th overall pick.

Besides Leafs don't have the cap space to fit Staal without a significant salary moved out.

Kadri + Lupul + 8th for example.

Jes5ant

Mar 5, 2014
I sure hope not. It makes them better nest year but doesn't say much for the future.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Oh we'll they want to go for it now then so be it. After this window closes this team will be crap again if they go this route.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
If it was just a host, or worse yet a caller throwing out random speculation then it is not a rumor.

Never going to happen.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Can't do it. Leafs need the 8th for Ekblad.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I'd welcome it.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I wouldn't be happy with that deal, I'd prefer we continue to build around our younger group of guys: Rielly, JVR, Kadri, Bernier, Kessel, Gardiner and soon the 8th OA.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
If we’re paying Kadri + 8 I’d much rather trade down to grab Reinhart or Ekblad than get an over-the-hill (albeit still really good) Staal. We aren’t an Eric Staal away from competing.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Oh we'll they want to go for it now then so be it. After this window closes this team will be crap again if they go this route.

This is where they are at. One direction will be stripping it down, but we know that isn't happening. So the other direction would be moving Kadri for a legit top-line center.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Staal has 2 years left on his deal and a huge cap hit. No thanks.

Also, in case anyone failed to notice, his offensive production has been erratic over the last 3 years.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
they have to take clarkson or lupul for this to work out for our cap.

i'd rather do phaneuf for staal straight up. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad