Kaberle Experiment

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Once Subban is back, Kaberle becomes our #7D but I think he still has elite passing skills and he is extremely calm (poise) when he plays the point. Heck, if I remember correctly, our PP improved by 50% once Kaberle joined the Canadiens last season.

I can’t see Weber cracking the top 6 this season nor do I see him outplaying Tinordi next season. That leaves him fighting for the #7D spot, a position more suited for an experienced D imo. Hence (the experience factor) me going with Kaberle as this team #7D until season’s end. At this point, based on his performances and the team’s options (Tinordi, UFA...), you assign weights to all the possible scenarios... including a buyout.

EDIT: I voted "No" but I just noticed that the "press box" option is associated with "Yes"... I ruined the whole freakin' thing!

Last edited:

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
I`d rather have MAB than Kaberle. At least Mab would shoot the puck and lay on some body checks....Kaberle is just too soft in front of his own net....I thought he would blow everyone away this year after hearing he had worked out super hard during the extended break.....He seems slow to make a decision and doesn`t have the killer instinct the habs other D men have.....I think he`s talented and still has more to give, it`s just a matter of him wanting to give more.. ...Time for mr Subban....Can`t wait.........Shoot the puck PK !

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
It's still early but teams with horrible PP's right now:

LA Kings 3.7%
Colorado Avalanche 5.3%
Detroit Red Wings 9.4%
Carolina Hurricanes (not going to happen) 11.5%
Columbus Blue Jackets 11.8%
New York Rangers 12.5%
Boston Bruins 12.5%
Philadelphia Flyers 13.5%
Washington Capitals 16.0%
Dallas Stars 16.0%

Of all those teams, LA looks like one that could use some offensive help on the blueline. They have only 11 goals in five games.

Would some kind of a swap with them make sense. LA has no obvious candidates for an amnesty buyout so they could use that option for Kaberle if they didn't want to use him the following season.

I doubt any team is even thinking about making a drastic move like trading after only 6-7 games, specially trading for someone as high priced as Kabs.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Where is Benoit Poulliot playing these days?

Wherever he's at, lets trade Kaberle for Benny........straight up.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Why is patience necessary? It's not like Kaberle is some young pup getting use to the NHL. He is what he is.

It was a terrible trade by a terrible GM to acquire him. I don't understand how anyone who watches this team closely over the last 12 months can defend this guy and his play.

I suppose you prefer Weber. I don't, although neither one is a key Hab.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
I have to admit, the more I watch Kaberle, The more I hate him. I wanna like him, I wanna see something in his game that makes me think he could be valuable, but I just don't. He is garbage...he joins Patrick Traverse in the most useless defencemen to wear the jersey category. I cant think of too many others who deserve to be in that group.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Because teams want d-men NOW.

Lots of teams with injured defensemen or struggling PP's.

Not at that price tag you don't.

You realize you still have to pay a player his salary for the buy out right? No team in the league is going to take that gamble. None. Book it.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
i would keep him unless teams come a calling. he is more important than a 3rd4th rounder at this time.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I doubt any team is even thinking about making a drastic move like trading after only 6-7 games, specially trading for someone as high priced as Kabs.

I would argue that GMs are always looking at ways to upgrade their teams and they will get serious earlier than usual this season because it will be a sprint to the finish. But I agree that there are a few things about Kabs that make him unappealing to other teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad