Kaberle Experiment

Habblues

Dec 19, 2008
Sec 9 Fredericton NB
OK as far as i`m concerned the kaberle experiment has run it`s course......I can`t take it any longer...I was really happy when we picked him up last year because I thought he was awesome when he played for the Leafs and we needed a good puck moving D man....This year he supposedly lost some weight prior to camp so I assumed he`d be quicker.....BUT he`s a liability out there and he`s way too soft and he won`t shoot the puck !!...Time to join Scotty in San Jose.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Many around here think he is still good. Not sure what they are watching.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He shot the puck against Winnipeg. He's been better this year compared to last year. But he always needs a steady stay-at-home guy to bail him out, and Boullion isn't always steady. We are still not getting our money's worth from him.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
This experiment had run its course before the season even started.

It was a desperate acquisition by a desperate GM. That's usually not a good sign to begin with, but he's simply dead weight from a previous regime, that the current regime is stuck with.

Not only was Spacek's contract more favourable, but he was also the better player at the time of the deal, despite what some people here thought of him at the time.

It would have been nice to have that 4 million dollar cap space to explore other options. At the end of the day, PG actually ends up losing his job, and the team is stuck with deadweight, so nobody wins, except Carolina.

In retrospect, I also put some onus on habs ownership as well for allowing PG to make such a deal when he clearly didn't have their total confidence to begin with.

He's even less valuable to the team than I thought he would be... with markov back, subban signed, and diaz emerging as another offensive option.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He's been underwhelming but some patience is necessary. We have a compliance buy out at end of year if necessary but for now breathe easy and relax, maybe he'll be better. Wait till say 12 games in(25%). If he still sucks then sure.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
He's been underwhelming but some patience is necessary. We have a compliance buy out at end of year if necessary but for now breathe easy and relax, maybe he'll be better. Wait till say 12 games in(25%). If he still sucks then sure.

Why is patience necessary? It's not like Kaberle is some young pup getting use to the NHL. He is what he is.

It was a terrible trade by a terrible GM to acquire him. I don't understand how anyone who watches this team closely over the last 12 months can defend this guy and his play.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
No, keep him. Wait until Subban returns to the lineup and on the PP, Kaberle can feed Subban pucks for one-timers.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
I was one who was optimistic about Kaberle. I really thought he could come back as his old self, but apart from one shift since the beginning of the season, he was either invisible or looked really bad defensively.

Maybe with PK back, we can rotate between Kaberle and Bouillon.
Not giving up on him quite yet, but a few games in the press box could do him some good.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Let us be extremely reactionary about him having a bad game. In fact, lets all fly to his Czech village and pillage it in retribution to him not saving the Habs from defeat.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Many around here think he is still good. Not sure what they are watching.

It's not really many but always the same poster who keeps defending him saying check out last season's secondary's assists he picked up. The guy is a terrible hockey player that didn't help Boston, was let go by them despite winning the Cup and a few weeks later a GM says he made a huge mistake signing him. And our brilliant GM who panicked picked him up when he had 4 million coming off the books at the end of the year and could have traded Spacek at the deadline to a team going into the playoffs for a late pick

Anyways this guy has no value to the Habs but unfortunately he also has no value around the league and if we find a trading partner it's going to be for another bad contract

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York
GP:43
G:3
A:19
Pts: 22
PPG: .51

Those are decent stats from last year. Don't think Spaceman would have got those. Also he was a -6 on the last team in the East, not terrible either. He's definitely not worth the money we pay him and i'd like to see him unloaded but he hasn't been entirely a waste IMO.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
...yeat another panic thread...~sigh~

Not sure why the big panic, Habs had an off night, the opposing goalie made a couple miraculous saves and we got a few bad bounces...but let's all panic and start crapping on everybody.

I may be way off base here, but I don't think Kaberle is going anywhere unless MB gets decent return, he knows at some point there will be a market for what he brings(deadline?). At some point we will have injuries also.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I say we keep him unless some team offers us something. He's a good depth guy to have. He's been bad but not to the point of trowing rocks at him. Come this summer, buy him out but untill then keep him.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
...yeat another panic thread...~sigh~

Not sure why the big panic, Habs had an off night, the opposing goalie made a couple miraculous saves and we got a few bad bounces...but let's all panic and start crapping on everybody.

I may be way off base here, but I don't think Kaberle is going anywhere unless MB gets decent return, he knows at some point there will be a market for what he brings(deadline?). At some point we will have injuries also.

Can't believe you still take the time to defend this guy. :shakehead

Naoned

We're gonna buy him out at the end of the season. If we can receive a pick from a team looking for D (Philly, LA?), it's a bonus. I'd rather play Weber than him. He's slightly worse, but at least we can hope he will improve, at some point. And if we need an extra D for depth, St Denis did the job last year when he was called up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->