Prospect Info: Kaapo Kakko, RW, 1st round, 2nd overall, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

turha

Jun 25, 2019
Anyone catch the USA homer hand job that NHL Network gave Jack Hughes? Such a whiny little high school kid. Interesting to note the lack of interaction between him and Kakko (with Hughes quite literally ignoring Kakko and conversing with Dach). It's going to be a humbling start for the 147-lb Hughes. There will be Crosby treatment from Game 1.

Clear to me, we got the #1 pick.

5b77c49caeb38e680fcd8e416b8fc051b0d1894531d971a0d73cbef870334b8c.jpg

It seems to be mutual, look how Kakko is trying his best to avoid touching Hughes with his hand. Like Hughes was infectious or something. :laugh:

(Don't take this post too seriously. But I'm definitely hoping for a healthy rivalry between these two!)

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Anyone catch the USA homer hand job that NHL Network gave Jack Hughes? Such a whiny little high school kid. Interesting to note the lack of interaction between him and Kakko (with Hughes quite literally ignoring Kakko and conversing with Dach). It's going to be a humbling start for the 147-lb Hughes. There will be Crosby treatment from Game 1.

Crosby vs OV: The Metropolitan War - Part II

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Kid has probably spent his whole life with white North Americans and doesn't feel comfortable talking to anyone else.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Kid has probably spent his whole life with white North Americans and doesn't feel comfortable talking to anyone else.

I think that's exactly right. And listen, he IS a kid! - but at 17, I'd be more inclusive of who is around me - regardless of language.

Hughes just strikes me as a little privileged bitch. Nothing out of the ordinary. Don't dislike him as I did Crosby.

and he's going to get wrecked next year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I heard that comparison as well but it doesn't make sense to me as they are from different draft classes.

Because of the lockout, Ovechkin and Crosby's rookie years were the same season though and they finished 1-2 in Calder voting (both with over 100 points, which is unlikely to be happening with Kakko and Hughes and really just shows how amazing both of those players are)

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Hnnnnng. Seriously this hype and waiting to see Kakko play in NHL. This much more worse than it was with Laine.

When is Rangers first game and who are they playing against?

Yeah, even non plays like this one are being hyped up. Can't wait until it actually means something.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hnnnnng. Seriously this hype and waiting to see Kakko play in NHL. This much more worse than it was with Laine.

When is Rangers first game and who are they playing against?

October 3rd against the Jets at the Garden

Reactions: Kiekura

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
it is the absolute worse. its seriously embarrassing. I've gotten into listening to podcast lately and couldn't make it past the first 30 seconds of theirs because of it
I’ve been listening to podcasts for years and when they announced it on banter I shut it off.. and when I put theirs on I made it about 30 seconds... it’s cringe worthy... honestly my face may have caved in from how hard I cringed

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
When Kakko touches the puck in the o-zone, it comes with this certainty that it's his puck.

Absolutely cannot wait for him to be regularly clowning NHL defensemen a half dozen times a game.

Reactions: turha

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Because of the lockout, Ovechkin and Crosby's rookie years were the same season though and they finished 1-2 in Calder voting (both with over 100 points, which is unlikely to be happening with Kakko and Hughes and really just shows how amazing both of those players are)

Yeah, there are guys we compare to Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid.

And then there are Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid.

Hughes vs. Kakko will surely be a fun rivalry that goes well into their primes, but the odds of it being "the best player of the generation" vs " the best goal scorer of the generation", or some equivalent, aren't good.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Even when you see guys come up and look very impressive and you start to think "maybe they're the next Ovechkin!" it becomes obvious after a few seasons that they're not on his level. Stamkos, Laine...excellent players in their own right but not "the next Ovechkin"

And Crosby's combination of hockey IQ, all around skills, and work ethic have been completely unmatched throughout his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad