Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A very small sample size though :laugh:

With his current defensive game I wouldn't be against it, but if we really want to experiment with Kakko down the middle (which I doubt the team wants to anyway) he needs to get those legs going during the offseason.

Yes haha. But in those 4 (if I remember correctly) games he looked better than Kravtsov at the u20 Four Nations and the WJC. Ideally, I keep both on the wing though

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yes haha. But in those 4 (if I remember correctly) games he looked better than Kravtsov at the u20 Four Nations and the WJC. Ideally, I keep both on the wing though
In a fantasy world, if either of them could become a center that would both

- help with our issue down the middle
- ease up the logjam at the wings

But like I said, I doubt the Rangers want to try such an experiment, although I don't think it would hurt...

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
With Kakko, I think he needs to be on a line where he's the go to guy with the puck in the offensive zone. When he plays with Panarin his role is supposed to be more about getting in position for a scoring chance, which is not his forte. Instead, he needs to be a bit more of the Panarin on his line. So I don't think him on bread's line is the best place for him.
i think i agree to certain point, i think with practice and time they both could adjust their game, but i feel zibanejad was always a better fit for his center. skates well, likes to be in soft pocket for quick slapone timers. This is the kind of game i feel kakko would feed and feed from. Don't know why it hasnt been tried this year, i guess they wanted to keep the topline intact for now. Also i dont think kakko's skating is yet to the point that he could be tried at center where he would have to work lower in the defensive end and rush all the way back.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
i think i agree to certain point, i think with practice and time they both could adjust their game, but i feel zibanejad was always a better fit for his center. skates well, likes to be in soft pocket for quick slapone timers. This is the kind of game i feel kakko would feed and feed from. Don't know why it hasnt been tried this year, i guess they wanted to keep the topline intact for now. Also i dont think kakko's skating is yet to the point that he could be tried at center where he would have to work lower in the defensive end and rush all the way back.
I really think this is the answer.
Laf-mika-Kakko
Panarin-strome-kratsov
Kreider-Chytil-buch

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
I don’t like saying “I told you so,” but look at Kakko now. He’s a line driver, and the assists are coming. Called it.
U called what?? Let's see what happens rest of the year...stop bowling 3 strikes and thinking your a 240 bowler...

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Laf?? Um..hes barely an nhl player now
what a ridiculous statement. 13 points in 40 games so far. That's 26-27 points over a full season. Easily an NHL player. He's barely the consensus 1OA near-generational player he was touted to be but I'm giving DQ's handling some of the blame. Oh and the fact that he's still a teenager. Barely an NHL player is like Steve Fogarty or Zack MacEwen or Matthew Highmore

Last edited:
Reactions: Rongomania

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
U called what?? Let's see what happens rest of the year...stop bowling 3 strikes and thinking your a 240 bowler...
Lmaooooooooo

It’s called watching the games and noticing that a player is improving. Chill out. Why are you not happy about Kakko? Can we not be happy and optimistic on these boards?

And this is what I said:

What is everyone watching? He’s usually a (subtle but effective) force in the ozone. The production will come. Maybe something is wrong with me.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kid is playing like a point a game player. He really has been for some time now but not getting the results.

The one thing about Kakko - he is so focused. And it’s straight-lined. You get the same effort from him game in and game out. That is fantastic to see.

Also - he just puts his head down and plays. He’s been going to the net more and getting some abuse. Doesn’t matter. Gets shoved to the boards hard. Keeps going. Doesn’t matter.

He doesn’t have any real bite to his game from an intimidation factor and doesn’t supply any retaliatory responses, to anything. It’s almost robotic.

He just wants the puck in the net or off the other teams stick and doesn’t give a shit what the opposition does. It’s just constant shrugging off. Which is why it’s rare to see him in the box.

This is admirable and very Lady Bing like. Daksyukian. It will be interesting if he develops any ill will as he gets older, but it doesn’t really matter. He is drilled in on succeeding.

He is a unique, special kind of player.

Last edited:

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Kid is playing like a point a game player. He really has been for some time now but not getting the results.

The one thing about Kakko - he is so focused. And it’s straight-lined. You get the same effort from him game in and game out. That is fantastic to see.

Also - he just puts his head down and plays. He’s been going to the net more and getting some abuse. Doesn’t matter. Gets shoved to the boards hard. Keeps going. Doesn’t matter.

He doesn’t have any real bite to his game from an intimidation factor and doesn’t supply any retaliatory responses, to anything. It’s almost robotic.

He just wants the puck in the net or off the other teams stick and doesn’t give a shit what the opposition does. It’s just constant shrugging off. Which is why it’s rare to see him in the box.

This is admirable and very Lady Bing like. Daksyukian. It will be interesting if he develops any ill will as he gets older, but it doesn’t really matter. He is drilled in on succeeding.

He is a unique, special kind of player.
Great assessment! Crazy to think he is just 20 too. He is already man handling players along the boards. Wait until he really grows into his frame at 23-24. It's also great to see his confidence is coming back. His stick handling is getting back to what we saw at the WC and WJC. He has a unique pair of quick mitts for a guy his size.

If there is any player we should be patient about its this one. He's going to be a stud.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I don’t like saying “I told you so,” but look at Kakko now. He’s a line driver, and the assists are coming. Called it.

This comment bothers me every time I scroll through this thread.

Surely I'm missing context, because it's not like you predicted the Denmark UEFA Euro Championship 1992 here or something else entirely out of the blue.

Most people expected Kakko become what he's showing, and the folks panicking and shitting on the kid are the impatient/ungrateful/totally unrealistic expectations crowd.

So yeah, don't break you arm padding yourself on the back here. lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Surely I'm missing context, because it's not like you predicted the Denmark UEFA Euro Championship 1992 here or something else entirely out of the blue.

Most people expected Kakko become what he's showing, and the folks panicking and shitting on the kid are the impatient/ungrateful/totally unrealistic expectations crowd.

Love the Denmark 1992 reference hahaha. Winning it all after not qualifying in the first place. What a story that was.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI and 007

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Ok I won’t? Yea you’re missing context. Read what I said before. I felt the production was coming, and coming soon. And it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce