Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Every highly touted prospect is amazing. And if they don't perform well it is due to lack of playing time, poor choice of line-mates to maximize development, bad coaching, etc. etc. And god forbid if one makes an observation that if a prospect's dreadful play is dreadful - all hell breaks loose. What a weak fan base.

Dude, WTF is going on with your font? It's as disordered as your thinking on Kakko.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Kakko has 6 assists playing 1/2 the season with Bread and Strome. Incredible - Tanner Glass would have at least that many assists playing with them. Time to stop making excuses and admit the obvious - this guy is an anchor on any offensive line he is playing with. Kratsov is going to be so much better. Kakko looks like his realistic ceiling is as a 3rd liner. If anything Quinn has given him too much rope and top 6 time. Where is the accountability for crappy unproductive play.
Awful awful awful post. Worst I’ve ever seen on here, and there have been some pretty bad ones. You make Bern look reasonable. Kakko is going to be so good and a franchise player for us.

I’m usually not this confident in a player, but I am with Kakko. Only obvious problem is he needs to keep the opposition honest by developing a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
That one play in the 1st period where Kakko stickhandled like 10 times was one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen. It was like a blur. That’s how fast it was. Not only that, but he showed how soft his hands are nearly EVERY TIME he had the puck.
Yeah, his hands are fantastic. Once he learns to start making better and quicker decisions, starts shooting more and grows into his frame he is going to be a nightmare for defenders.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
This is too good to just let it die in a PGT.
EzSaZCfVUAAD0rw

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Kakko has 6 assists playing 1/2 the season with Bread and Strome. Incredible - Tanner Glass would have at least that many assists playing with them. Time to stop making excuses and admit the obvious - this guy is an anchor on any offensive line he is playing with. Kratsov is going to be so much better. Kakko looks like his realistic ceiling is as a 3rd liner. If anything Quinn has given him too much rope and top 6 time. Where is the accountability for crappy unproductive play.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
The only thing I think left holding him back is his positioning without the puck. He very rarely finds open space for himself, and seems to struggle at anticipating where the puck is going to be in the offensive end. I'm very happy with everything else he does though. That Mika ppg doesn't happen without that board battle he wins.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
The only thing I think left holding him back is his positioning without the puck. He very rarely finds open space for himself, and seems to struggle at anticipating where the puck is going to be in the offensive end. I'm very happy with everything else he does though. That Mika ppg doesn't happen without that board battle he wins.
This. His positioning awareness needs to improve. That, and also quicker decision making to take a shot.

It's crazy to see him duking out multiple players in a phone booth like he does and that he is still only 20 years old. Man, when he is 22-23 he is going to be an absolute monster.

Reactions: Narcissus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad