Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
You hear his name an awful lot on the broadcast, and that is usually a good sign. His two-way game reminds me a bit of Peter Forsberg minus the physicality. Marian Hossa was another good comp mentioned above. One can hope.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Last night, NJD @ NYR 02/16/2021:

16:46 TOI (no powerplays)
8 iCF
0.484 xGoals
64.3 CF%
17:47 ATOI (last 4 games)

Leads team in xGoals on the season. Points are coming.

This is awesome, but the pessimist in me really thinks (copy and paste this next Wed 2/24).

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Last night, NJD @ NYR 02/16/2021:

16:46 TOI (no powerplays)
8 iCF
0.484 xGoals
64.3 CF%
17:47 ATOI (last 4 games)

Leads team in xGoals on the season. Points are coming.
Certainly a much better player, especially one that is playing the speed of the NHL game now. Not worried about him much.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
full

Last edited:

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
You hear his name an awful lot on the broadcast, and that is usually a good sign. His two-way game reminds me a bit of Peter Forsberg minus the physicality. Marian Hossa was another good comp mentioned above. One can hope.
Forsberg is a good comp, who knows if he ever brings his style of physicality later ;) I remember Swedish news tabloids calling Kakko the "Finnish Foppa" during his WJC and WC campaigns.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
He's at such a pivotal moment at such a young age. All he has to do is not lose ANY confidence and keep playing that game. Quinn better give him more than 17 minutes next game.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I don’t know, feel like we’re absolutely cursed this season. This is in general and not just regarding Kakko. I don’t remember ever watching a rangers team that had this much bad luck for this long.

I will literally pop open the champagne the next time that Kakko or Laf get a point because with the way things are going we may not see another one until next year

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I understand, but 66th percentile isn't bad and I just can't imagine him being on the ice for goals for that considering the offensive struggles of this team.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I understand, but 66th percentile isn't bad and I just can't imagine him being on the ice for goals for that considering the offensive struggles of this team.

These are all REL to teammate stats. So it's how he's performed relative to the team he's on. By that measure he's in the 66th percentile league wide. In raw totals he's probably lower.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
It didn’t happen, but I’m 95% sure he was about to try the Michigan behind the net against the Devils the other night.

If that’s not a sign of confidence, I don’t know what is. A lot of valid concerns about his skating and stamina last season, but the biggest issue was his confidence. His legs turned to jello if he got the puck in the neutral zone, and he would actively avoid trying to get the puck unless it was in the corners.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I don’t know, feel like we’re absolutely cursed this season. This is in general and not just regarding Kakko. I don’t remember ever watching a rangers team that had this much bad luck for this long.

I will literally pop open the champagne the next time that Kakko or Laf get a point because with the way things are going we may not see another one until next year
It’s permeated the psyche of the entire team and fan base. Was anyone here even happy when Buch scored on Tuesday? I felt exactly the same way he seemed to feel - relieved and disgusted that the goal was so hard to come by.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Reading a lot of tweets about Jack Eichel, from Fortunato, Mead, etc. You all may/may not like them, that’s fine. This isn’t about them.

It’s about the idea the Rangers wouldn’t include/discuss a deal for Eichel that includes Kakko.

Thats effing BANANALAND.

If that’s truly the care, then Gortin is dumber than I thought.

I don’t think Kakko sucks. I think he’s clearly getting better. I think he’s going to be a good player. I don’t think he’s going to be a franchise altering player.

I’m so tired of his age being some determining factor here. I get it. He is young. Yet, he hasn’t shown any franchise altering quality. None.

You 1000000000% include him in any deal for Eichel, especially if it means holding onto Nils, Fox, and Miller.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Reading a lot of tweets about Jack Eichel, from Fortunato, Mead, etc. You all may/may not like them, that’s fine. This isn’t about them.

It’s about the idea the Rangers wouldn’t include/discuss a deal for Eichel that includes Kakko.

Thats effing BANANALAND.

If that’s truly the care, then Gortin is dumber than I thought.

I don’t think Kakko sucks. I think he’s clearly getting better. I think he’s going to be a good player. I don’t think he’s going to be a franchise altering player.

I’m so tired of his age being some determining factor here. I get it. He is young. Yet, he hasn’t shown any franchise altering quality. None.

You 1000000000% include him in any deal for Eichel, especially if it means holding onto Nils, Fox, and Miller.

I rather give up Lundkvist than Kakko in a trade. And I have an unhealthy fascination and relationship with Nils :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad