Kaapo Kakko has 2 points in last 17 games

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
If you watched Dach play at all then you’d know he’s been playing very well despite the points.

Made Brodin look like a damn fool last night.

Yes, from the Eye test this Dach kid can play. Great set of mitts and awesome size. As far as a kakko, ehh. The hype was off the charts, was expecting to see more

Athor

Sep 25, 2019
Chytil, on the other hand, is very safe bet right now to be a good NHL player but his offense has been underwhelming at every level, even more so than Kravtsov.

Is this a joke? Chytil has produced at every level, and has done it despite barely making age cutoffs for his draft year. He's basically played a year above his age for his entire life until he was drafted. He has much more potential right now to be better than Krav, and was always the more boom/bust player. He was considered a reach to even go in the first round.

Reactions: egelband

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
his overall play is improving in my opinion. He's very strong on the puck, shields it well and his aggressiveness to challenge for loose pucks is 10 times what it was (just not consistently). As soon as he knows/recognises which plays to make when he actually wins the puck, the points will follow. He often tries to make the trick play (backhand, no look pass across the lot, short side shots etc). But he'll learn that eventually he'll find more time and space on the ice. I think he's poised for a better years points wise next season provided his off season goes well

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Yowza, he is really performing like a Kakka 5v5 this year

When you have worse underlying numbers than Marc Staal, then you have problems.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Everytime someone brings up KK and Hughes disappointing seasons, someone has to chime in with "they're only 18".

Compared to other 1st and 2nd overall 18 year olds, their seasons are still disappointing.

Hughes is having maybe the worst first overall 18 year old season on two decades.
While that is true, not every player has the same development curve. 18 is still too young to make a definite declaration on, even based on comparison to other players' 18 year old seasons.

Yuck, defending two rivals doesn't feel right.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He still has a kids body. If he's still struggling once he gains strength and power, I'd be worried, but he has chicken legs.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He still has a kids body. If he's still struggling once he gains strength and power, I'd be worried, but he has chicken legs.

It took one or two summers post-draft for Barkov to get his leg strength to NHL level. He commented on that with something like "it makes a difference when you're not constantly trying to catch up to the play. Now the scenery changes much quicker." Once Kakko gets that leg strength up, his skating will automatically look better.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I seen him play 2 or 3 games and he looked like krappo in 1 and ok in the others. Let the boy get used to the big boy league.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don’t understand why he’s getting PP time every games, he’s absolutely useless out there
He’s not getting pp1 time he’s mostly getting the final 30-40 seconds of garbage pp2 time. He hasn’t really been given a chance with the pp1 unit since very early in the year if my memory serves me correctly

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I don’t understand why he’s getting PP time every games, he’s absolutely useless out there

Sometimes it takes years for kids to get PP time. I believe he opened up the season on the 1st PP. Now he's getting the 2nd unit I believe. The blueshirts have a top 10 PP, one would think KK would have more points? Long season for the soon to be 19 year old I guess

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012

His scoring rates are very good on the PP...He's 5th on the team in PPP/60.

Who's taking his place?

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
He has good size but he seems to get pushed off the puck far to easily. That being said the games I have watched this year I have seen flashes of amazing hockey sense. He has made some amazing passes and at times seems to have god like hockey sense in the offensive zone. I could see him turning into a PPG player but with 60+ of those points being from assists.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
KK and KK looks like their rookie similar is pretty similar. 30-35pts is prolly what Kakko will end up at. I just hope he doesnt go thru a sophomore shitty year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad