Recalled/Assigned: Kaapo Kahkonen

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'd love to see him play, but that will likely only happen if Stalock lets in 3 or 4 quick ones tomorrow, assuming Dubnyk is still away.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tempered enthusiasm for KK. Won't read much into it, even if he lets in some soft ones. Am excited for the future we have at G, with Robson, KK, and Jones.

Never hurts to have another Finn on the squad.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Tempered enthusiasm for KK. Won't read much into it, even if he lets in some soft ones. Am excited for the future we have at G, with Robson, KK, and Jones.

Never hurts to have another Finn on the squad.

I'm intrigued by Lindberg - most fans ignore him.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
His age and size work against him a little, but he does warrant more attention than he's gotten (which is basically none).

He's only a year older than most (20). And yeah he does platoon with Murray, but he has played in U20 and has had some good number.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Too bad he's not playing. Would love to hear the announcers struggle with a Kaapo Kakko breakaway against Kaapo Kahkonen.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He has a distinctive style. Plays back in the net, and seems to make himself smaller rather than bigger. Nowhere near the puck handler that Stalock is, but still decent. Moves nicely side to side.

That's all i've got.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Gets 3-2 win, and NHL admits the first goal scored on him in the NHL shouldn't have even counted.

Last edited:

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Hovering my mouse over the Buy Now button on a Kaapo Kahkonen jersey.

:D

I’ve thought about buying an Authentic White Iowa Wild jersey with Kähkönen for a while now, but they never seem to get them back in stock.
On a side note i would love for the Minnesota Wild to use the same design on their whites.
Beautiful

Reactions: Blue Ox

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I thought he started the game a bit rough. Seemed to struggle with finding his rebounds early. Settled down as the game went on and put up a solid start. I'd imagine he's headed back down but it's good to get a look at him. At the very least he's a legit potential future answer in net.

Reactions: Blue Ox and EXTRAS

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
He has a distinctive style. Plays back in the net, and seems to make himself smaller rather than bigger. Nowhere near the puck handler that Stalock is, but still decent. Moves nicely side to side.

That's all i've got.

I thought that he did a really good job of playing pucks. Is good at it but isn't reckless like Stalock.

Otherwise I thought he did a good job of tracking the puck. Seemed to start out a little shaky, but really settled in well.

Reactions: Blue Ox and EXTRAS

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
KAHKONEN WINS NHL DEBUT AS WILD PUSH STREAK TO SEVEN GAMES

After the Devils tied the game on two occasions, Ryan Suter (1-1—2) registered the go-ahead goal in the third period and 23-year-old Kaapo Kahkonen (32 saves) earned his first NHL win to help the Wild extend their point streak to seven games (4-0-3).

* Kahkonen appeared in his first NHL game after posting a 7-2-1 record with the American Hockey League’s Iowa Wild this season (2.47 GAA, .909 SV%, 2 SO). Matt Hackett (34 saves on Dec. 6, 2011) is the only other goaltender in franchise history to win in his NHL debut after making 30 or more saves.

* The 2019-20 season marked the second time in as many campaigns that Minnesota has strung together a point streak of at least seven games, after producing a 6-0-2 run from Feb. 21 – March 7, 2019. The longest such stretch in franchise history is 13 contests (12-0-1 from Dec. 2-29, 2016).

MIN-26113858.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Definitely shaky in the first finding the puck but he plays such a more controlled game than Alex it isn't even close. Stalock is all over the place while Khakonen moves a lot less but much for efficiently and effectively. Plays the puck well but not recklessly and unnecessarily like Al does.

Play the shit out of him in Iowa and get him 50+ games and we'll see the longevity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad