Recalled/Assigned: Kaapo Kahkonen

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Unless KK shits the bed in a start, he will get preference over Robson, due to seniority, if nothing else. Did like Robson in the NCAA, though.

Sounds to me like Boudreau is making shit up so he doesn't have to play Doobs / play KK. Which approach I totally approve of. Dubnyk is very close to wearing out his welcome here.

The nightmare is if KK turns out not to be a NHL goalie, either. Although that would have a bright side, as it would help the tank, but in an organic way, which, as we all know, is healthier for us.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Unless KK ****s the bed in a start, he will get preference over Robson, due to seniority, if nothing else. Did like Robson in the NCAA, though.

Sounds to me like Boudreau is making **** up so he doesn't have to play Doobs / play KK. Which approach I totally approve of. Dubnyk is very close to wearing out his welcome here.

The nightmare is if KK turns out not to be a NHL goalie, either. Although that would have a bright side, as it would help the tank, but in an organic way, which, as we all know, is healthier for us.
Sounds like KK might be here for a while longer. Dubnyk’s wife is having issues. Hope for the best for them, but I don’t think BB is making stuff up.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Unless KK ****s the bed in a start, he will get preference over Robson, due to seniority, if nothing else. Did like Robson in the NCAA, though.

Sounds to me like Boudreau is making **** up so he doesn't have to play Doobs / play KK. Which approach I totally approve of. Dubnyk is very close to wearing out his welcome here.

Dubnyk's wife is dealing with a very serious health issue. Certainly have to wonder if that has been affecting his play which would be understandable. Dubnyk isn't close to wearing out anything.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Dubnyk's wife is dealing with a very serious health issue. Certainly have to wonder if that has been affecting his play which would be understandable. Dubnyk isn't close to wearing out anything.
Dubnyk hasn't played a game since his wife's issues began.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Dubnyk hasn't played a game since his wife's issues began.

You don't think it's possible there have been issues before this? This particular one may be recent but you have no idea what else is going on.
Either way...the org is behind him and the fans should be too.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You don't think it's possible there have been issues before this? This particular one may be recent but you have no idea what else is going on.
His play was bad before this season... whatever family issues are going on may have made it worse though.

Yes, we should all be behind him for the off ice issues, but that said, we still need to see better play on ice before that can 100% be attributed to it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Devan Dubnyk returns to practice as his wife deals with...

It began last Tuesday when Devan Dubnyk returned from playing backup to Alex Stalock in the team’s 4-1 win in Buffalo. Jenn suffered a medical episode shortly after he arrived home and was rushed to the hospital late that night. They have spent the past eight days searching for answers.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Devan Dubnyk returns to practice as his wife deals with...

It began last Tuesday when Devan Dubnyk returned from playing backup to Alex Stalock in the team’s 4-1 win in Buffalo. Jenn suffered a medical episode shortly after he arrived home and was rushed to the hospital late that night. They have spent the past eight days searching for answers.
I read the story. All that means is THIS episode began then. Neither you nor I know anything else beyond that.
Also...i said could be a reason...nothing definitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Kahkonen has been playing in pro leagues since 2014. He's 23 years old. I think his time has come.

He's never had a save % lower than .908, nor a GAA over 2.78 in his career.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Kahkonen has been playing in pro leagues since 2014. He's 23 years old. I think his time has come.

He's never had a save % lower than .908, nor a GAA over 2.78 in his career.
Going down 2-0 early then going on to stop all 30+ shots afterward and take a swing at the empty net is an appealing mix of cool-headed and cocky.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Do you guys think he gets 1 of the 4 games this week? Maybe one of the back to back games?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Do you guys think he gets 1 of the 4 games this week? Maybe one of the back to back games?

He will almost certainly get a game or two this week, unless Dubnyk comes back, which as of now isn't a sure thing.

Reactions: EXTRAS

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
How did he look?
2.96, .913 in 5 games tells me he had a lot of shots against.
I think he is a low-key exciting prospect that doesn't get much coverage even in Finland

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
How did he look?
2.96, .913 in 5 games tells me he had a lot of shots against.
I think he is a low-key exciting prospect that doesn't get much coverage even in Finland
He looked pretty good. Some shaky points but mostly solid. I wouldn't necessarily hand him a starter job but he looks more than ready for back-up duty.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I thought that for what was expected, he looked average. Nothing to get concerned about as a prospect, but nothing really to get excited about either. His call up did nothing to change my opinion of him.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Personally, I though he look a little Meh. I don’t think he’s going to be a goalie that steals games, but he can probably get it done as a starter someday behind a defense like ours that limits chances.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I think he looked good. He had some good spots and some bad spots. I don't think anyone should have ever expected him to come in and look like the best goalie in the league.

But I think he has the ability to play in the NHL

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I thought that for what was expected, he looked average. Nothing to get concerned about as a prospect, but nothing really to get excited about either. His call up did nothing to change my opinion of him.

I don't think he came in and set the world on fire but the guys weren't exactly playing great in front of him for a lot of those games. Getting out shot heavily early on and tons of pressure. He took a bit to settle into each game but when the team settled down he seemed to really lock in. I think ultimately a short stint like that was really good for his development because now he knows where he needs to be the next time he comes back.

Reactions: 57special

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Combined with the above comments, that's all that really needs to be said about the Wild goaltending.
Yeah, it was intended as a compliment, but probably doesn't really amount to much of one

StanleyCup55

Feb 21, 2019
Minnesota
We have to start looking to the future. I love Dubs and he saved us when we needed a G most and gave us a chance to make a playoff run or two but that window has now closed. This team is not going to make a playoff run and I think we all know it. It’s time to get the younger guys more ice time and develop.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
KK will get plenty of TOI in Iowa, and should also get the odd call up during the year. Dubnyk's contract is up in a year...if nothing else he and KK can share the tending next year, IF KK earns it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->