Who will be better

• K’Andre Miller

• Noah Dobson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It's not really a bizarre assertion. Miller has inhuman athleticism, is an excellent skater, and has a good shot.

Dobson has the higher floor due to his passing and IQ, but Miller has the tools to be a legit #1 defenseman.

As does Dobson. Why is it that I've pretty much only ever seen Rangers fans deny this fact?

Dobson is very big, is a strong, smooth, and pretty quick skater, great on his edges, great with his stick, physical, very good passer, high offensive IQ, has a well-above-average/very good shot that will only improve as he gets stronger, great defensive positioning and 1-on-1 ability, pretty good hands, and has the ability to take over games from the back-end. Not including Dahlen, he was probably regarded as the best defensive D in the entire draft and he was arguably the most important offensive player on his team.

I don't see any reason why Dobson can't be a Pietrangelo-type player down the road. He may not get there, but to deny the upside is absurd.

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
It's not really a bizarre assertion. Miller has inhuman athleticism, is an excellent skater, and has a good shot.

Dobson has the higher floor due to his passing and IQ, but Miller has the tools to be a legit #1 defenseman.
Iq is everything for a number one dman

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I have a hard time getting a bead on Dobson as a prospect because his team is such gutter trash. Reminds me of when the Oilers ‘strongly encouraged’ Prince Albert to deal Draisaitl to a better team. Maybe the Isles should do the same.

I’d still say Dobson but Miller has been impressive.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I have a hard time getting a bead on Dobson as a prospect because his team is such gutter trash. Reminds me of when the Oilers ‘strongly encouraged’ Prince Albert to deal Draisaitl to a better team. Maybe the Isles should do the same.

I’d still say Dobson but Miller has been impressive.

He's set to be dealt to Chicoutimi when the trading period opens (this upcoming Sunday, I believe). Chicoutimi gave up three first-round picks and a second-round pick for him and they will almost certainly flip him. Chicoutimi is an okay team, though, so even if he does play with them for a bit he should have far better support.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad