Who will be better

• K’Andre Miller

• Noah Dobson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What Miller is doing in the NCAA as a freshman defenseman is pretty much unheard of.

Dobson is also a -30, on pace to end the season as what -75?

• Haha
Reactions: Zeeker

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Clearly tying to skew votes with the numbers. Dobson’s look ugly but he’s leading his team in goals and points. They’re awful
Miller is also leading his team in points as a freshman defenseman, the season he’s having is definitely more unheard of than what Dobson is doing. Not saying he’s for sure the better prospect but his stock has got to be rising the most significantly of any 2018 draftee

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Dobson is playing on one of the worst teams in the entire CHL, so his numbers are certainly not telling the full story on him.

member 157595

Really like both of these guys. I'm not saying one is better than the other but I'm giving Dobson a bit of a pass due to the team he's on. Imagine going from the Memorial Cup winner to the basement...the penthouse to the (this! is!) outhouse.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What Miller is doing in the NCAA as a freshman defenseman is pretty much unheard of.

Dobson is also a -30, on pace to end the season as what -75?
Let’s remember Dobson is on a terrible team. He’s looked very good this year and stats aren’t a good way to evaluate them at all, especially +/-

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Machinehead

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Miller's team is 8-7-3, tied for 1st in their conference. They are surrendering 2.8GPG and scoring 3.16GPG.

Dobson's team is 5-24-1, tied for last place in the league. They are surrendering 4.55GPG and scoring 2.0GPG.

Dobson's team is an absolute joke this year. We will see where he is at during the WJC.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Why do we keep comparing our prospects to islander prospects?
I went with the homer pick of K'andre but I liked Dobson a lot more before the draft. As for the better season its def K'andre

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Miller's team is 8-7-3, tied for 1st in their conference. They are surrendering 2.8GPG and scoring 3.16GPG.

Dobson's team is 5-24-1, tied for last place in the league. They are surrendering 4.55GPG and scoring 2.0GPG.
I mean, doesn't that terrible 4.55GPG fall back onto the defensemen a bit....?

Miller is a team best +11, Dobson is a team worst -30. +/- doesn't say everything, but it does mean something.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Patrick Roy gave up over 5.5GPG in his 150 game QMJHL career, surely some of that falls on the goaltender, right? He can't be that good...

McDavid was the best player in the league by far last season but his team sucked... he must be at least partially to blame, right?

Nah... it falls on the 19 guys who play each night.

Dobson's team gave up ~2.5GPG last season and he was used nearly as much as he has been this season. They lost arguably their best 10 players besides Dobson, though, and all three of their goalies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Rangers fan here. Still Dobson, but the gap is closing.

I think you could probably say this about every player drafted ahead of Miller lol. Both players should have gone higher, imo. Seems like a lot of DMen were undervalued... when all is said and done I would not be surprised if all of Hughes, Dobson, Miller, and JBD outperform their draft position. I don't have much of a read on Ty Smith but you could also throw him in there.

Obviously it doesn't fall ALL on him, that's why i said "a bit". He is part of the 19 players who gets blame for the terrible GAA.

And I'm saying no, he's not. If you replace him with almost any other player in the CHL they would be even worse.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Patrick Roy gave up over 5.5GPG in his 150 game QMJHL career, surely some of that falls on the goaltender, right? He can't be that good...

McDavid was the best player in the league by far last season but his team sucked... he must be at least partially to blame, right?

Nah... it falls on the 19 guys who play each night.

Dobson's team gave up ~2.5GPG last season and he was used nearly as much as he has been this season. They lost arguably their best 10 players besides Dobson, though, and all three of their goalies.
Obviously it doesn't fall ALL on him, that's why i said "a bit". He is part of the 19 players who gets blame for the terrible GAA.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I like that it's a multiple choice poll. Both can get over 50% of the votes.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Miller is a team best +11, Dobson is a team worst -30. +/- doesn't say everything, but it does mean something.

And if Miller was plying 30 minutes a night on a horrendous team he wouldn't be doing any better. There is a reason Dobson is a lock to be playing top 4 minutes for Canada at the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad