Jvr

eddytheeagle20

Apr 18, 2012
New Brunswick
jvr has 2 goals so far tonight against the capitals for six on the season what do u see him developing into i think he can develop into a big body presece infront of the net and being a consistent 30-35 goal guy what are your guys inpressions

PasDaSquini

Apr 4, 2010
He seems to be inconsistent. Some nights he is doing everything other nights you wouldn't know he dressed. He needs to work on putting a good effort every game.

Durrrrrr

Jun 23, 2011
He seems to be inconsistent. Some nights he is doing everything other nights you wouldn't know he dressed. He needs to work on putting a good effort every game.

This is what Philly fans have said... so only time will tell
Looks good so far

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
jvr has 2 goals so far tonight against the capitals for six on the season what do u see him developing into i think he can develop into a big body presece infront of the net and being a consistent 30-35 goal guy what are your guys inpressions

I think I want a much larger sample size before I start pegging peole as 10 to 15 goal guys or 30-35 goal guys. Same for Kadri and Frattin.

eddytheeagle20

Apr 18, 2012
New Brunswick

yes i agree but arent all power forewards incosistent from night to night bertuzzi was stewart is even backes goal scroeing is all over the place

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Realistically... if we can get ~15 goals out of Van Riemsdyk this year and 15+ assists, we should be pretty happy.

I doubt he'll ever be more than a high 20's guy in an 82 game season, his real value is the size he brings. The key for a guy like him, is being consistent physically and strong on the puck every night. If he does that, and Phil Kessel figures out how to put the puck in the net, the points will come.

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
I think he could be very dynamic. He's got a good shot, his speed is deceiving, and drum roll please, he's one of few Leafs that goes to the net.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
And he had some other chances as well, but looking at him and Kessel I think he cannot play C on line with him as speculations had it. We need playmaker C there hopefully with size. That line could be dynamite.

What I liked about jvr so far he was good to great on pretty much any line RC put him. I rarely see this type of instant chemistry, which implies quite high level of hockey IQ.

Man, we have some talent on wings these days. If we only can flip it for serious help at center.

PS. Dont we have thread about jvr somewhere?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Realistically... if we can get ~15 goals out of Van Riemsdyk this year and 15+ assists, we should be pretty happy.

The guy already has 6 goals, I don't know if he's going to stall and score 9 goals in the next 39 or whatever.

I hope he can be a Brendan Shanahan type power forward, probably not as nasty.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The guy already has 6 goals, I don't know if he's going to stall and score 9 goals in the next 39 or whatever.

I hope he can be a Brendan Shanahan type power forward, probably not as nasty.

Probably... 9 goals in 38 wouldn't be totally unexpected for a player like JvR, especially when you consider that he's got 6 in the 10 previous games.

The big thing for him should be getting assists on Kessel's goals.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Probably... 9 goals in 38 wouldn't be totally unexpected for a player like JvR, especially when you consider that he's got 6 in the 10 previous games.

The big thing for him should be getting assists on Kessel's goals.

If Kessel is 0G 2A +3 every night, I will cry in joy. It really does not matter who gets the goal.

PS. And I _really_ wanted Kessel to pass it to absolutely wide open JVR on that 2-on-1 for HT. It would have been 3A and game W right there.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Reimer was good, forwards failed to generate pressure for more than 2 mins. I am not sure you watched the same game as I did.

Right, it's hard to stay in the zone when there is that cyclope that covers 2/3 of the zone with his reach and plays half of the game. Add PK time and there is no time when Chara is not on the ice unless our 4th line is out there. But they tried hard and it's all that mattered, not to mention that we tied it up but BS call yet again took it away.

All in all it was good game. If we can play close game with Boston we can play with any team in the East.

dcervi*

I like JVR. He isnt flashy or anything he is just getting bounces and great chances/ opportunities like kulemin a couple years. Goes to the net and gets rewarded

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: