JvR

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
I disagree with people saying how luke was bad, yada yada yada.

I watched the whole game and as much as i "wanted" him to suck to show how we won the trade, he was alright.

definitely not the best Dman out there but he was playing the 5th pairing (which isn't any better than JvR on the 3rd line) It takes time for these guy to get their confidence and chemistry going.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I disagree with people saying how luke was bad, yada yada yada.

I watched the whole game and as much as i "wanted" him to suck to show how we won the trade, he was alright.

definitely not the best Dman out there but he was playing the 5th pairing (which isn't any better than JvR on the 3rd line) It takes time for these guy to get their confidence and chemistry going.

5th pairing ehh.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Flyers fans-

That's Schenner for you, a good but not great player! Schenns solid at positioning, he's very physical and he loves to block a lot of shots. However, Schenn isnt very mobile, he tends to panic with the puck and he's very weak at taking the guy out in front of the net.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Flyers fans-

That's Schenner for you, a good but not great player! Schenns solid at positioning, he's very physical and he loves to block a lot of shots. However, Schenn isnt very mobile, he tends to panic with the puck and he's very weak at taking the guy out in front of the net.
Also gets caught flatfooted quite a bit.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
JvR definitely needs to be beter but the guy barely gets any ice time to get engaged into the game IMO.

Make Kadri's line the 2nd line..they can produce more offense.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I like JVRs game a lot. Shows flashes of what he can do.

Once he gets his feet moving (remember he also just took a Komi shot off of his foot) I think he'll be a great top 6er for us.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
That's silly.

I like JVR a lot out there. I'd like him to move up in the lineup and play with someone like Kessel or Lupul. I think he needs some more icetime or maybe a break.

I like how he handles the puck, though.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Thought he played well tonight. Did what he could with what he was given. There were a couple passes from Kadri that went behind JVR and he managed to pull them in to get a shot off. Give em a couple games to get some chemistry going and things will look better.

Mar 26, 2010
So, we have a Luke Schenn thread over on our forums asking how he is doing on his new team...

How is JVR doing over here? Change of scenery helping at all?

He is weak. Was a bust in Philly and looks like the same here.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Judging a player after two games playing 10 or less minutes..... Come on...

He had a good third today though.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
JVR got the 9th most amount of minutes out of the forwards. Insane. Give him some ice time and he will produce.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
JVR has been completely useless so far.

I know he's better than what he's showing but he's been awful IMO.

Lol typical leaf nation dramatizing everything. Sure he hasn't been jaw-dropping but he's been FAR away from awful. He's been invisible for the most part but sometimes, like in the third today he has looked really good. Hard to impress with 10 minutes of ice time anyways.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Lol typical leaf nation dramatizing everything. Sure he hasn't been jaw-dropping but he's been FAR away from awful. He's been invisible for the most part but sometimes, like in the third today he has looked really good. Hard to impress with 10 minutes of ice time anyways.

He never finishes a check. He looks slow (possibly injured foot); he's a very fast skater generally. His shots missed the net nearly every time. He took perimeter shots and never tried driving to the net. He floats around.

I'm a huge JVR fan, and I hope he finds his game here, but he has been awful. One of the weakest forwards so far. I'm not saying he's a bust; it's only been two games, so it's way too early to judge. BUT in the first two games... see above.

You can call me 'typical leaf' fan or whatever, doesn't change the facts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad