JVR Will Be Out Longer Than Expected

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
shut him down, better make sure he's healthy

psuqa.gif

Hoolee

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Feet, ankles, very tricky. He hopefully will come back to 95% of what he used to be. He is a very good hockey player, I would not like to see him traded, at all. I think he is young enough, to be a piece that we keep and enjoy for years to come.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Feet, ankles, very tricky. He hopefully will come back to 95% of what he used to be. He is a very good hockey player, I would not like to see him traded, at all. I think he is young enough, to be a piece that we keep and enjoy for years to come.

You know he will be 27 when next season starts right?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Would like to see him rest and see what he can do next year with Nylander.

snizzbone*

So what are we looking at for a return date now? Late March? Early April? What's the point. Might as well shut him down.

8 weeks would be around March 5th. Could see him back in mid-late March if they don't shut him down.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
On the 3rd day of Christmas Lou Lam gave to me:
3 broken bones
2 Leafs a traded
And Matthias to the Mile High City!

Can't wait to unwrap our 1st overall.
Merry Leafmas everyone!
God bless us all.

Last edited:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
because why?
Kane was traded last season with his shoulder injury.

Different situation. Who ever wants JVR wants him for the playoffs and for his great contract. If he miss the rest of this season they waste a lot of what is great with him. But yeah, injured players has been traded before.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's still in a cast/walking boot. He was scheduled back at some point next week... so I'd say he's behind schedule for sure. I wouldn't expect him back until mid-March at the earliest.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
JVR is one of the few Leaf forwards that can effect the outcome of a game by his contributions offensively.

Seeing as to what Leafs agenda is (ie securing a top 3 pick) this longer term recovery is not considered as a negative at present, so there is no sense of urgency of situation. So Leafs management is likely to take as much time as they need to make sure JVR comes back only when 100%.

To me the biggest drawback of the JVR injury is that it perhaps delays any potential trades for him as he is likely one of the Leafs with the most trade value. So when JVR get healthy any potential trade will now come around the entry draft.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Even if we had JVR in the lineup he can't hurt the tank. This tank has already driven off the cliff. I ain't even mad

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Yeah I know he is 27, but apart from this injury, he is a youthful nhl 27 imo. Great hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad