JVR Will Be Out Longer Than Expected

MjJunkYard

Dec 3, 2010
Coach Mike Babcock has hinted that James van Riemsdyk (foot) could be out longer than expected.
JVR's initial timetable was set for six-to-eight weeks after he suffered a broken foot 44 days ago. Van Riemsdyk hasn't played since Jan. 9 because of the ailment and before he got hurt he was leading the Leafs in scoring with 29 points in 40 games.

Mark Masters on Twitter

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Absolutely nothing to be gained by rushing him back. Just shut him down. Not like we are in the playoff hunt.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
I would shut him down for the season and have him heal and be back ready for next year.

The LAST thing we need is him coming back before he's ready.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What about Lupul. Have they found a heart for him yet?

Apparently they did because a waitress for him told him to button his shirt because his heart was showing when he gave a picture of himself for her tip. He stamped his autograph on it because his hand was to sore.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Oh darn... that really sucks...

*fist pumps quietly*

Seriously though, the most important thing is that he has a nice, smooth recovery. Hope he's doing well.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I can't remember if they ever specified on his broken foot. Did they ever say whether the break was on the outside or the inside of his foot?

I ask because I broke my foot last year on the first metatarsal (the bone that connects to the big toe) and the doctor said I was lucky because most breaks happen to the fifth metatarsal (the bone that connects to the pinky toe) and there is less blood flow to that side of the foot which causes the recovery time to take longer.

I was in a cast for about 8 weeks (a splint for 1, then a cast for 7). I was back at hockey less than a week later (against my doctors recommendation) where they wanted me to stay off the ice for another 2-3 weeks.

Obviously, my beer league is nowhere near the NHL level so I am not surprised that the prognosis is longer.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I can't remember if they ever specified on his broken foot. Did they ever say whether the break was on the outside or the inside of his foot?

I ask because I broke my foot last year on the first metatarsal (the bone that connects to the big toe) and the doctor said I was lucky because most breaks happen to the fifth metatarsal (the bone that connects to the pinky toe) and there is less blood flow to that side of the foot which causes the recovery time to take longer.

I was in a cast for about 8 weeks (a splint for 1, then a cast for 7). I was back at hockey less than a week later (against my doctors recommendation) where they wanted me to stay off the ice for another 2-3 weeks.

Obviously, my beer league is nowhere near the NHL level so I am not surprised that the prognosis is longer.

Oouuh its bad bro. Real bad.heard they had to call a toe truck to get him to the doctor.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
"Lou, JVR's foot is healing well" "break the other damn foot then"

thats how that conversation went

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Lou said earlier today the he has. Anal-glaucoma too and "he can't see his ass returning this season".

Last edited:

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
shut him down, better make sure he's healthy

psuqa.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad