JVR Will Be Out Longer Than Expected

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I guess it depends on which bone in the foot is broken. Some do more work than others. There's a lot of force on some bones in the foot while others no so much.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

Stop-Dont-Come-Back-Sarcastic-Willy-Wonka-Gif.gif

But seriously: (wish I was good enough to crop Lu's head on there and Robidas sneaking a peak at the door)

giphy.gif

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Good, I don't want to trade JVR. I think he stays on our top 6 for years to come.

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
Good, I don't want to trade JVR. I think he stays on our top 6 for years to come.

He has 2 more years and then he's going to ask for a big raise and probably test free agency.

In his contract, I believe the Leafs can't trade him in the last 2 years of the contract without his approval. Leafs options are limited this summer with JVR.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
He has 2 more years and then he's going to ask for a big raise and probably test free agency.

In his contract, I believe the Leafs can't trade him in the last 2 years of the contract without his approval. Leafs options are limited this summer with JVR.

Never been proven.

One of the trusted reporters out there needs to settle this once and for all.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Why should JVR want to return this season? He's making millions playing PS4 and the Leafs have won the cup like 20 times already!

Last edited:

FazeLeaf*

We need JVR to protect the young guys. Do you not realize that is how EDM ****ed up. It was by throwing the young guys to the wolves.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
We need JVR to protect the young guys. Do you not realize that is how EDM ****ed up. It was by throwing the young guys to the wolves.

Trading JVR doesn't put us in a position to do anything with our young guys. We just sign more UFAs in the summer to fill the holes from our departing UFA at the TD.

Edmonton had no ability to attract UFAs, and they were unfortunately gifted multiple 1 OA picks which are very hard to not immediately promote to the NHL level.

Fans almost think immediate bust status for 1OAs that don't play immediately.

If Toronto gets Matthews, I think we would see him on the NHL roster, but that would be only based on his playing with men already. That's a unique situation.

If we draft Laine/Puuljujarvi/Tkachuk/etc. then they're not playing on the NHL team next year, with or without JVR.

We're not competing next year. What we're planning for next year is to start integrating some of the prospects (Nylander, Leipsic, Soshnikov, Zaitsev, possibly one of two others) on a full-time basis. We will insulate those guys with vets that can handle the assignments that Babcock gives, and let the kids play and use their skill.

Trading JVR has zero impact on that plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad