Injury Report: JVR hurt. Update: Bruised Foot

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You guys are joking right?

Some people are just way to emotional when things like that happen.

"Hey Mike, hum, you are not allowed to ever shoot a puck. Like... Ever. Go over there and block shots or whatever. In fact, don't even touch the pucks. Just go over there and skate in circles."

"Hey Kessel, hum, since you are not good defensively, you know hum, just go over there and shoot the puck in the net. Yeah, that's it... just like that."

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
JvR often gets stung by shots for some reason, but always come back okay

he'll be fine

Always comes back fine?.

Injury report 2012 - JVR missed 21 regular season and 5 playoff games (left foot injury).

1/4 of last season was lost due to a broken foot after getting hit by a shot. Hopefully this is nothing too serious this time.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Always comes back fine?.

Injury report 2012 - JVR missed 21 regular season and 5 playoff games (left foot injury).

1/4 of last season was lost due to a broken foot after getting hit by a shot. Hopefully this is nothing too serious this time.

just trying to comfort you fellas

also i like luke so far, hopefully he tears it up on saturday

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
You guys are joking right?

Yes, I was joking.

Some people are just way to emotional when things like that happen.

"Hey Mike, hum, you are not allowed to ever shoot a puck. Like... Ever. Go over there and block shots or whatever. In fact, don't even touch the pucks. Just go over there and skate in circles."

"Hey Kessel, hum, since you are not good defensively, you know hum, just go over there and shoot the puck in the net. Yeah, that's it... just like that."

Don't know what to say to this. I guess I should have added a :sarcasm: I'll be sure to do that in the future so you don't think I'm being too emotional.

abhanot

Jan 27, 2012
Komi has a heavy shot... I hope this is just a small thing, I need to see him play on Saturday!

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Because it says left ice accompanied by trainer, this doesn't look great. I hope he's ok, at least we have some depth to replace him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
just trying to comfort you fellas

JVR missed 20 games with a concussion in addition to missing 20 more with a broken foot and played in only 43 regular season games total last season.

Durability has not been a strong point of JVR, particularly last season.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Forward James van Riemsdyk, however, left the ice about an hour into practice after being hit on the foot with the puck. He was moving gingerly, accompanied by a trainer.

bah should be ok

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Well, this might be a blessing in disguise if he only has a bruise, has to miss a few games, and gives bubble boy Kadri a chance to play if he is going to be sent down because of waiver rules. Weird.

TheDream

May 3, 2011
Ontario
Well, this might be a blessing in disguise if he only has a bruise, has to miss a few games, and gives bubble boy Kadri a chance to play if he is going to be sent down because of waiver rules. Weird.

Thats what Im thinking now, opens a spot for Kadri to show what he's got and hopefully he's able to solidify himself a spot by the time JVR is back (hopefully only a few games).

I swear this happened last year but with Kadri getting injured instead

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Thats what Im thinking now, opens a spot for Kadri to show what he's got and hopefully he's able to solidify himself a spot by the time JVR is back (hopefully only a few games).

I swear this happened last year but with Kadri getting injured instead

Finished my thought, thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad