Proposal: JVR for John Carlson

Thelegend81

Jun 28, 2017
It makes complete sense for the leafs, capitals lost a lot of defence in the last year don't really see them moving him.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Caps still have good depth up-front so I don't see them trading for a forward.

They lack depth on defense (at least NHL experience) and thus will not be trading Carlson.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Pending UFA for pending UFA, Olympic teammates, cap hits are almost the same at 4.25 vs 3.967 (and I'm sure the Leafs would have no problem retaining a chunk), would it work?
Oh you beautiful fool...

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
The value isn't close on this one. I would imagine that offer would be drastically beaten.

wesleysnipe

Jul 2, 2017
no way in hell caps trade carlson for jvr..especailly after they lost like 4 D of their core

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm independent here....this is utterly stupid.

Washington just saw 2 of its top 4 walk as UFA, another get selected by Vegas, and now trade another for a winger???

Do you have a clue of the team you are trying to trade with?

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Pending UFA for pending UFA, Olympic teammates, cap hits are almost the same at 4.25 vs 3.967 (and I'm sure the Leafs would have no problem retaining a chunk), would it work?

Wow. Capitals trading Carlson for JVR would show that Capitals are being managed by crazy people. Capitals won't be trading Carlson for JVR no way does it work.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
How about JVR for Mike Green 2M retained

Why would Detroit want to add one year of JVR when wingers are a position of strength? Mike Green with retention will easily get a 1st +. You have to assess the other teams needs in trades.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why would Detroit want to add one year of JVR when wingers are a position of strength? Mike Green with retention will easily get a 1st +. You have to assess the other teams needs in trades.

Just my 2 cents not having a dog in the game, that Detroit should make any moves they can looking to the future and beyond this year. My thought process was trade for and sign JVR who instantly becomes their best LW. In the case of Toronto they trade the better player for a position of need

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Orpik and nisk really hurting the caps cap wise

Should have paid vegas to take orpik by giving them a pick and prospect and keep Schmidt

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Just my 2 cents not having a dog in the game, that Detroit should make any moves they can looking to the future and beyond this year. My thought process was trade for and sign JVR who instantly becomes their best LW. In the case of Toronto they trade the better player for a position of need

Looking to the future would be to acquire top end talent through the draft while some of our albatross contracts expire and we shift to the youngsters going forward. Mike Green is going to fetch a nice return at the TDL and acquiring JVR just pushes one of Nyquist, Tatar, Larkin, Mantha, or AA with less ice time so really wouldn't do much. We also have some wingers (Bertuzzi and Svechnikov) in Grand Rapids that should get a shot. Our team needs to load up on prospects or young top end talent specifically at center or the blue line.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Definately yes from the Caps.

Then we can roll-up our D :

Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Djoos
Chorney-Lewington

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Caps are as bad as Leafs on defense this year or worse. I don't see the point in beating a dead horse for a trade. They might turn out to be a laughing stock after finishing at the top last few seasons.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
i think Toronto has enough young assets in defense. Also, I think keeping JVR maintains good offensive depth for the Maple Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad