JVR Discussion/Appreciation

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
When hes good hes great, but he still takes games off though. He'll be a superstar one game, then another you wont even see him. Probably just a problem with being young, figuring out how to remain consistent, but its pretty noticeable.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Amazing trade for us so far. JVR has been great so far. Almost feel like he's as important as Kessel to our team now

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I suspect the only way JVR gets moved is if a star centre comes back. Leafs might have to add but that's what it's going to be

He's becoming our best player tbh

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
As everyone has already pointed out all his other awesome skills, another one I would like to throw in is how FAST he is this season. His speed and acceleration has wildly improved since his arrival here.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Honestly his mix of size, speed, and hands are a mix that is very hard to find and doesn't come along everyday. The JVR-Schenn trade looks TERRIBLE for Philly. He's untouchable as far as I'm concerned.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dude is pure 24 Carat Amazing.

He' just awesome, does everything right, awesom at 2 on 1's, good defensively, goes to the front of the net and gets the greasy goals. Like can you think of anything he's bad at? I can't.

And all for 4.25, it's just an awesome deal.

Anyone think that he tries that little hot dog between the legs move by the crease just as a ploy to get Kessel open? It seems everytime he does that 2 seconds later the puck is heading crosscrease to Kessel for an open net tap in. I've seen it like 5 times this year. Maybe he's drawing the weak side defenceman over by doing it giving Kessel space to walk in ready for that cross crease pass.

Whatever they're trying it's working, please keep doing it.

Also, never put Jvr at Center again, please and thank you.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Dude is pure 24 Carat Amazing.

He' just awesome, does everything right, awesom at 2 on 1's, good defensively, goes to the front of the net and gets the greasy goals. Like can you think of anything he's bad at? I can't.

And all for 4.25, it's just an awesome deal.

Anyone think that he tries that little hot dog between the legs move by the crease just as a ploy to get Kessel open? It seems everytime he does that 2 seconds later the puck is heading crosscrease to Kessel for an open net tap in. I've seen it like 5 times this year. Maybe he's drawing the weak side defenceman over by doing it giving Kessel space to walk in ready for that cross crease pass.

Whatever they're trying it's working, please keep doing it.

Also, never put Jvr at Center again, please and thank you.

ever. EVER again.

i think it is - but in a sense i also think it is him just wanting to be fancy/dancy hehe he practices trying to score with it all the time in practice.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
We truly got lucky with him.

His value was a little lower at the time of the trade due to injury concerns(plus lack of playing time)

but since then he's never really had problems with his hip or any big injuries in general, and he's become the player he was supposed to be when they drafted him.

perfect complement to kessel on the first line.

now if only we can get a top centre that can help cycle the puck and allow these guys even more room/time to work their magic.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
you know, this really begs the question, who else is being under utilized around here that has potential that we arent thinking of, remember, jvr was on the 2nd/3rd line before lupul went down and got promoted to the 1st line

I wonder what would happen if we gave leivo a few games on the 2nd line like a
lupul kadri leivo line, he might do really well there

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I wonder what would happen if we gave leivo a few games on the 2nd line like a
lupul kadri leivo line, he might do really well there

Worth a shot, but there's no harm in Leivo just getting top minutes with the marlies, he's still growing as a prospect.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
jvr is one player the leafs shouldn't even consider moving. id move kessel and even lupul before JVR.

mikebel111*

jvr is one player the leafs shouldn't even consider moving. id move kessel and even lupul before JVR.
Becoming my favorite leaf for sure.
And i actually might agree with ur post there

So much to like about his skill

number72

Oct 9, 2011

I agree he should be one of the last forward moved and he is young. And even though he is soft for his size he has enough of a two way game to complement his goal scoring

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
idk its close I guess, perry is more of a sniper imo, jvr's net skills and that top shelf play is really unique
Not so sure about that. Corey Perry has very soft hands and is one of the nastiest players in the NHL. He is one of the most annoying players to keep away from the net. JVR, on the other and, can be boxed out as he isn't a power forward. I think if he had someone like Eric Staal - who is excellent around the net and the can do a lot of work in the slot, JVR would easily be a consistent 40G forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad