JVR Discussion/Appreciation

MorriPage

Feb 27, 2012
Earth
you know, this really begs the question, who else is being under utilized around here that has potential that we arent thinking of, remember, jvr was on the 2nd/3rd line before lupul went down and got promoted to the 1st line

I wonder what would happen if we gave leivo a few games on the 2nd line like a
lupul kadri leivo line, he might do really well there

I think another good question to ask is who around the league looks like they might be a potential "JvR for Schenn" type player, where they have the potential to really come to the Leafs and fit in perfectly and light it up but for one reason or another are not valued very highly on their own team?

mikebel111*

He reminds me of a Patrick Sharp, but with higher upside on the defensive side. If he can develop into a player that is as versatile as Patty, he'd be approaching elite.

Plus more consistent. Aside from when kadri was on top line, but kadri wasnt ready so it makes sense.

But one of the things so impressive is his breakaway speed for a big guy. Give him room and he can blow by you and good luck stopping him because with his size, almost impossible to stop.

leafstilldeath*

JVR has tied his career high in goals (21) with his winner tonight in only 53 games.

:yo: :yo: :yo:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
& surpassed his previous career high 40pt total. If he becomes a consistent 30/30 player we've really lucked out.

I think he can be better.

Kessel broke out after he found consistency in his game.

JvR is good but if he can find a way to be more consistent with his game, he can definitely put up ~70 points.

Honestly, I don't care about what he does in the regular season as long as he's producing ~top 6 numbers because JvR is money in the playoffs.

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
What did you guys think of his hit on JT Brown?

I think it's hard to tell exactly what happened based on the camera angles shown, but it is still a bit of a dumb play by JVR. I am a big admirer of JVR, but it is a questionable hit IMO.

Bluejaysfan*

Does anybody else see the similarities between this team and the Blackhawks? JVR plays a lot like Sharp and has similar upside. Kessel and Kane are essentially the same player. Bernier and Crawford are both good young goalies. Seabrook and Phaneuf play the same type of game but Dion is better. Rielly has the potential to be a Kieth type defensemen. Gardiner is similar to Leddy as they are both young pmds with potential. Gunnerson plays a similar game to Hjmarlsson. Other than this year, Lupul is similar to Hossa offensively but is not as good defensively. So essentially, all the Leafs are missing is a Jonathan Toews.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Does anybody else see the similarities between this team and the Blackhawks? JVR plays a lot like Sharp and has similar upside. Kessel and Kane are essentially the same player. Bernier and Crawford are both good young goalies. Seabrook and Phaneuf play the same type of game but Dion is better. Rielly has the potential to be a Kieth type defensemen. Gardiner is similar to Leddy as they are both young pmds with potential. Gunnerson plays a similar game to Hjmarlsson. Other than this year, Lupul is similar to Hossa offensively but is not as good defensively. So essentially, all the Leafs are missing is a Jonathan Toews.

We got Bozak ;)

cack

Jul 30, 2013
JVR will come back down to earth like Lupul did, they both got spoon fed by Kessel.

Zaled

GO LEAFS GO
Dec 6, 2013
get lost, JVR is only 24

+1. JVR is a great player and he's improved every year. I'm really looking forward to seeing if he can improve even further. he's had a very good year and hopefully he will continue to grow as a player. Him and Kessel have great chemistry together and as some one already said, JVR has one of the best contracts in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad