Justin Pogge trying to return.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
JFJ pressured him and pushed him to early because he was a dumba$$

Pogge played 7 NHL games and it was in the Brian Burke tenure. I don't see how JFJ pushed him. If anything he did the exact opposite: acquired Raycroft; pushed him, then acquired Toskola, pushed him....all while having Pogge in the minors.

As Pogge said on TSN, people often "blame" him for the Leafs going from having 2 high end goalie prospects to having nothing, but the torch was handed to Raycroft.

mikebel111*

he cant be worse than Reimer. Pogge would have to be a special kind of terrible to be worse than James

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot,

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Pogge played 7 NHL games and it was in the Brian Burke tenure. I don't see how JFJ pushed him. If anything he did the exact opposite: acquired Raycroft; pushed him, then acquired Toskola, pushed him....all while having Pogge in the minors.

As Pogge said on TSN, people often "blame" him for the Leafs going from having 2 high end goalie prospects to having nothing, but the torch was handed to Raycroft.

The real fans, blame Ferguson JR not him....

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
he cant be worse than Reimer. Pogge would have to be a special kind of terrible to be worse than James

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot,

Reimer and Bernier both were amazing to start the season, same with last year... but really it's only a matter of time before being outshot 46 to 24 starts to catch up to you and your goalies.

Reimer has proven to be a very good goalie in this league. Take a look at Scrivens for example... who looked OK in Toronto, looked incredible in L,A, then back to atrocious in Edmonton this year.

Now... you may notice, that when he played for Toronto, we had a pretty good team (not amazing but playoff worthy)... then in L.A he was on a phenomenal team, and in Edmonton an atrocious one.... notice the similarities to his play?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He had an interesting interview on Leafs Lunch today. I'd hate to see him make a return and play up to his original potential for another team.

His original potential was never that high to begin with. He had one nice year in junior and at the WJC's and that was it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad