Justin Holl

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Tomorrow will mark the first time since Babcock was coach that Holl is a healthy scratch.

It's warranted because he hasn't played well. Muzzin too is struggling.

Hard to believe he's gone from significant minutes on the 2nd pairing (in a shut down role), to a healthy scratch.

Do you think he'll respond well to this demotion, or do you see him finding the waiver wire?

Holl without Muzzin is a JOKE. Muzzin gets injured or Muzzin is having off night and Holl starts to SUCK ASS.

Just look at Holl whenever he is available in this highlight. Absolutely pathetic

Reactions: Polaris1010

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
One of Sandin, Liljegren or Dermott would have to be counted on to log significant minutes if Holl were to be supplanted in the lineup over the long haul. I wouldn't assuredly count on that happening just yet. Assuming he doesn't end up being a cap casualty, Holl could still provide quality depth in the event he does find himself on the outside looking in though. The team would otherwise be an injury away from relying upon a Biega or Menell to step in.

Last edited:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
When you're playing like a bottom pairing defenceman and only being held afloat by a way better D-partner, yeah it is a fat multi-year contract.

The amount of crap I took for posting this last year. :laugh:

It took a keen eye to see it then but fast forward one year without his anchor there to cover up his garbage and it's 100% spot-on and completely obvious for everyone to see.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

It took a keen eye to see it then but fast forward one year without his anchor there to cover up his garbage and it's 100% spot-on and completely obvious for everyone to see.

Holl is just not an NHL defenseman.

There is no argument here.

Only Dubas would believe otherwise.

That Holl is in the lineup on a regular basis just shows the level of dysfunction in the organization.

Reactions: klmdg and ToMaLe

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
He's a number 6 D and he's been propped up too long by Muzzin.

Our D is just as a shallow now as our LW position.

I wonder why?

Oh wait. The cap!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

The trend of Holl's play the last 2 years is that he actually starts the year off looking good. He has like 10-20 games where he looks like reliable D but falls off a cliff and barely looks like he belongs in the league. Dubas got hoodwinked by a very small sample size at the start of the 19/20 season and immediately signed him for 3 years because of how incredibly bad our RHD depth was at the time (mainly because his Barrie acquisition turned south real quick).

We didn't even get his decent start this year, we got midseason Holl right out of the gate.

Reactions: CincoHolio

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
With Holl being a healthy scratch, as he should be, the new D pairings look interesting, Mo and Dermott, Muzzin and Brodie, Sandin and Lilly. I hope they all look good together.

Reactions: klmdg

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011

I wonder if Rielly became a 7.5 mil. dman because of who he's partnered with?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Holl is just not an NHL defenseman.

There is no argument here.

Only Dubas would believe otherwise.

That Holl is in the lineup on a regular basis just shows the level of dysfunction in the organization.
I think holl is a bottomed pairing dman and that makes his current spot upgradeable.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
I got raked by some poster on here for suggesting Bogo was a better player than Holl as if it were some sort of stretch to suggest so. I believe my Leafs fandom came into question as a result of my proclamation. L. O. L.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I got raked by some poster on here for suggesting Bogo was a better player than Holl as if it were some sort of stretch to suggest so. I believe my Leafs fandom came into question as a result of my proclamation. L. O. L.
Bogo was good at digging for a puck but attrocious at moving it out.
Attrocious is worse than occasionally bad.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
With Holl being a healthy scratch, as he should be, the new D pairings look interesting, Mo and Dermott, Muzzin and Brodie, Sandin and Lilly. I hope they all look good together.

With the last change at home you can hopefully dictate a few things. here is hoping Keefe can actually use the last change and his brains for a change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad