Justin Holl Cannot Play Another Minute In The Playoffs

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I love how Keefe felt empowered to take a top 6 forward out of the lineup because of an unfortunate collision, but apparently being on the ice for 75% of the goals against isn't enough of a reason to take out a bottom pairing defenseman. Especially when you factor in how much better our defensive depth is than our forward depth

I hope it's more of a "we've won 3 games in a row with this line up so why tinker with it" mentality, and now he has reason to shuffle things up.

Let's be honest, the Leafs' have had poor 60-minute efforts in the last 3 games now and have had to rely on big comebacks to have a chance.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I want to say keefe has a hate boner for swedes

Nylander(only star who gets benched at all) , sandin wgen he was here, engvall when he was here, liljgren now

Only issue is Holl is also a Swede

Holl can you please f*** off
I think I'm missing the joke. Shitbag Holl is from Minnesota.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Liljegren played pretty well the first 2 playoff games last season and he still was sat down in favor of Holl. Don't know what Keefe was thinking then, but he should be fired if he plays Holl for the next game.

Its not all his fault, but just from that stat that shows how often he's been on the ice for the majority of goals scored against the Leafs how can you not take him out just to see if your luck doesn't change?

Reactions: PromisedLand

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Holl logging the fewest minutes on the blueline tonight potentially bodes well for a change there going into Game 6. Could use some kind of alteration on the fourth line/in the bottom six as well (Bunting in for ZAR or Lafferty?). Disappointing outcome here.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Holl logging the fewest minutes on the blueline tonight potentially bodes well for a change there going into Game 6. Could use some kind of alteration on the fourth line/in the bottom six as well (Bunting in for ZAR or Lafferty?). Disappointing outcome here.

Keefe will go 11 and 7

He won't pull Holl and Gus will be in over Lilly.

Just because... Keefe

Reactions: Buds17

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Liljegren played pretty well the first 2 playoff games last season and he still was sat down in favor of Holl. Don't know what Keefe was thinking then, but he should be fired if he plays Holl for the next game.

Its not all his fault, but just from that stat that shows how often he's been on the ice for the majority of goals scored against the Leafs how can you not take him out just to see if your luck doesn't change?
Liljegren had some struggles but he was far from terrible. Looks like a kid getting his first look in the playoffs. But anyway - it was enough that he apparantly needed to be replaced.

Justin Holl gets outscored 14-2 on the ice and his spot is guaranteed no matter what.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Liljegren had some struggles but he was far from terrible. Looks like a kid getting his first look in the playoffs. But anyway - it was enough that he apparantly needed to be replaced.

Justin Holl gets outscored 14-2 on the ice and his spot is guaranteed no matter what.
Seriously I don't think Liljegren played as bad near the end of the season as some think he did, but its just that he did have a few glaring mistakes that really stood out that he didn't make much at all for most of the season.

Right now I find it hard to believe he can be any worse than Holl in the lineup and more likely that he'll be a significant improvement.

Reactions: LeafSteel

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Lily is so, so much better. It’s been clear all season. Holl has been really bad these playoffs, it’s beyond insane that Keefe keeps trotting Holl out there and benching Lily every single night.

I don’t blame Holl, he is who he is on the ice, and seems like a good dude off the ice. Nothing personal, I just want the Leafs to win, and Lily is a better choice for that. I definitely DO blame Keefe though, he’s a f***ing idiot and his roster decisions are truly insane.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Keefes response to why the f***in Holl is still out there after being on for 73% of the goals against is terrifying..

If Liljegren made the defensive lapses that Holl did on the first and second goals he wouldn't see the ice again for a year.
Keefe would toss him under the bus within seconds.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
The dumbest thing about all this (Holl playing like trash is obvious to anyone with eyes)

Holl is a UFA at the end of this season, Liljegren is someone the Leafs have in their long-term plans. And yet the valuable playoff experience is going to...Holl. I guess next year when the Leafs make the playoffs Liljegren can get his first cup of tea and be uncomfortable, what could go wrong.

Leaf land...where you only fix the issue once it's ruined your season.

Win or Lose, Keefe needs to be fired at the end of this year. The Leafs give every playoff opponent a 2 game handicap with how slow he is to make adjustments. Just like with Babcock, the Leafs are a great team in spite of their coach.

Last edited:

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Keefes response to why the f***in Holl is still out there after being on for 73% of the goals against is terrifying..

Keefe would toss him under the bus within seconds.

*Keefe would run him over with the bus

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Problem is you’ve put yourself in a huge hole (no pun intended)

Wanna put Liljegren in after not playing for two weeks? Tampas gonna target that

Gustafson needs to be sheltered so that makes no sense unless you put Brodie with him but then you got no shutdown pair

Liljegren or Gus should’ve been inserted at either game 2 or today. I think it’s too late now

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
I hope it's more of a "we've won 3 games in a row with this line up so why tinker with it" mentality, and now he has reason to shuffle things up.

Let's be honest, the Leafs' have had poor 60-minute efforts in the last 3 games now and have had to rely on big comebacks to have a chance.
And this is without Cernak for the Bolts too and a weaker version of them compared to last year.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Not if this guy is coaching lol. If he hears any more Holl slander he's going to put him on the first pairing :laugh:

LargeBrokenGreyhounddog-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad