Recalled/Assigned: Justin Holl back to the Marlies

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Really impressed with Holl's skating and passing. It's a cut above Carrick, Borgy and mayyyyybe Polak.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Maybe Holl signs a three year NHL contract in the summer. Then we won't have any more talk about Karlsson or Doughty comes to the Leafs as. UFAs in 2019

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Hopefully he gets an extended look for next season.

Not surprising I suppose he got sent down from tower management pov, but I did like what I saw.

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
Good debut for Holl. It's good to know we have him to fall back on if we need to down the stretch as apposed to Martin Marincin.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Is Holl a keeper?

I didn't see enough yet. I look forward to tonight against Boston.

I would love it if 2 D prospects graduated and had perminant jobs in the leafs.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I would have liked to see him get more chances

Reilly - hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Holl

Borgman to marlies to keep him active while we see what holl had to offer on the right side. Its possible he offers more with Dermott then carrick and polak do in that spot...

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Maybe Holl signs a three year NHL contract in the summer. Then we won't have any more talk about Karlsson or Doughty comes to the Leafs as. UFAs in 2019

This is the kind of player that Vegas would identify. If we let him go I think we're missing out on an opportunity - someone very useful in our own system potentially allowing us to sign or trade for a centre instead of a defender.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Holl will not be that significant of a player, but at the very least he has a role with the Marlies next year. I think he has earned a one-way deal, and he will probably get it from the Leafs.

Marlies will have LoVerde and Liljegren for sure on the right side. Therefore another two jobs available. Holl could easily be one, and they could give the other to a Rosen (unless he moves to the LD or is traded) or maybe even a Mattinen. Don't need to worry about the left side... Leafs have that covered for sure.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
This is the kind of player that Vegas would identify. If we let him go I think we're missing out on an opportunity - someone very useful in our own system potentially allowing us to sign or trade for a centre instead of a defender.

Think you're right. One advantage the Leafs have over poorer teams is that can offer him big AHL money even if sent to the AHL. Won't affect the cap if he sent down, but it keeps a player of value in the system instead of trying to make a mark with an another team. The Marlies travel schedule is pretty good compared to many AHL teams, and Toronto is a good spot to live. You can move up and down and not move.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
2 shots, 2 goals
upload_2018-3-30_20-2-42.png

Nice !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad