Confirmed with Link: Justin Braun traded to NY Rangers for 2023 3rd round pick ('23)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Look at that Leddy return and tell me Fletcher isn’t a boob.
Leddy played 23 minutes for the Islanders in the PO a year ago.
Don't think he's comparable with Braun.
And Sundqvist was a salary dump, $2.75M cap hit this and next year, 69 games the last two years combined. He had hip surgery over the offseason and did not rebound well.

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
5mill+, braun comparable nick leddy got the wings a 23 2nd. List goes on, but im sure chuck could've easily sold higher if he wasn't too lazy to ship braun out to the first bidder. Couldve taken the cap dump too, although brauns cap hit is nothing to leddys.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Leddy played 23 minutes for the Islanders in the PO a year ago.
Don't think he's comparable with Braun.

Why does this have value? Why does how many Minutes he played trump something as equally simple as the pairing he's on? Every bit of this is backwards. Braun spent half of last year next to Provorov on the top pair. By this standard, Braun should return more.

For the record, I think there are plenty of NHL teams that agree with you. They're just the incompetent ones.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What even is this tweet? :laugh:

We are such a bitch franchise.

Tim-Meadows.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
You guys should be happy with all the '23 picks. Fletch and this crappy development system has to be purged and that will take some time. Let the new GM makes the picks and decide how to best develop the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You guys shouldn't be happy with all the '23 picks. Fletch and this crappy development system has to be purged and that will take some time. Let the new GM makes the picks and decide how to best develop the players.
I look at it this way: the odds that Fletcher will make the picks goes down every year further out they are. '23 picks are better than '22 picks for that reason, setting aside the relative quality of the draft.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
I'm in a good mood so I'm going to be incredibly generous here and choose to point out the only possible upside of it being a 2023 pick instead of a 2022 pick, even though I'm sure this isn't something Fletcher had in mind and I'm also sure this won't make any difference at all. :)

The Rags are currently 4th in the league with some players who are having super hot years, specifically Panarin, Fox, and Shesterkin. Who knows how long that lasts or how far they go.

Mayyyyyyyyyybe we get lucky and next year they don't have such a hot year and they either miss the playoffs or bomb out quickly.

That way, instead of picking in the 90's, we're picking in the mid to late 80s. BOOM, suddenly Fletcher is a genius and we find our next Ghost.
It won't be luck, Chuck will make some more moves and we will beat out the Rangers for the last playoff spot on our way to the Cup final.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
5mill+, braun comparable nick leddy got the wings a 23 2nd. List goes on, but im sure chuck could've easily sold higher if he wasn't too lazy to ship braun out to the first bidder. Couldve taken the cap dump too, although brauns cap hit is nothing to leddys.
Sure, because he called the Rangers and blocked the calls from any other team seeking a D-man.

Often comes down to teams and fit, some teams want a puck mover, some want a stay at home D-man, some a LH, some a RH.

If anyone had offered a 2nd rd pick for Braun, Fletcher would have jumped on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad