Confirmed with Link: Justin Braun for a 23' 3rd

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Solid roster and analytic move.

3rd a tad high, but you pay for the versatility.

He was a top 4 man for a while. One of the best sticks in the NHL they say. Shot surpressor.

Since he can play either side, thats good. Allows them to Braun - Schneider or Nemeth - Braun. That's perfect to get the kid some playoff time and provide added depth for the run. He can play more minutes if needed.

It also allows them to tote out Nemeth-Braun on the PK, two big bodies who can clear space and with good sticks. Since they are the same pairing it allows them to cut back on the other two pairings ice time, which is needed. Rather have those two blocking shots than Fox and saving him and others for possible OT time.

Not thrilled with cutting back Schneider's time, but if he can play left you can ease Schneider in and rotate as necessary. Nemeth has improved a tad lately.

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
There will be injuries in the playoffs. Whoever the Rangers 7th defenseman is will get plenty of ice time. Adding Braun knocks Hajek further down the depth chart, which is good.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I think we should trade Lundqvist before we ruin his career. The best option would obviously be to let him play every game, but yeah.

This is a weird move honestly. Just get a left sided defenceman and dare to trust young players.

Reactions: CasusBelli

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
For a third should have at least asked for some salary retention. Could'nt have had him for a fourth or fifth?

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I dont know why you guys arent more hyped. The guy played 20 mins a night on an awful team and still had a positive plus minus. His actual defensive metrics are better than nemeths and it only cost a 3rd. We live in a world where chiarot got a 1st and this guy is better than him. Will he make mistakes? Yes, all d do.

The qualm about schneider losing out on playing time is fine. Its a 7 game series, you need insurance. We got it and id love to flip nemeth now.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
New site can't handle the traffic today. TDL thread is broken. In fact the whole site was out for a little bit.

This TDL should be null and voided this year. It's just not fair FLA gets Giroux.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
my off-the-cuff Braun idea, some may hate

demote Schneider for a while, recall Jones and try Jones w Braun

Reactions: Kendo

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think we should trade Lundqvist before we ruin his career. The best option would obviously be to let him play every game, but yeah.

This is a weird move honestly. Just get a left sided defenceman and dare to trust young players.
The Lundkvist who is totally thriving and blossoming in the AHL right now? Right place for him. Wait for the right move.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
my off-the-cuff Braun idea, some may hate

demote Schneider for a while, recall Jones and try Jones w Braun
Honestly I don't think Schneider looks nearly as confident as he did when he first got up.. he was making some really nice plays carrying the puck, passing.. really haven't seen that as much lately. So I definitely don't hate the idea of sending him back... though I'd rather just put Braun on his off-side with Schneider and send Nemeth to the moon

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
If this keeps Hajek away from the POs then it's a brilliant, brilliant move.

i dont get why we still have him...kinda useless for us but i think can play in this league. not playing any hockey games at all most of year. i dont get what were valuing him as we couldnt find something if only just to get him somewhere he wont be a season long black ace. georgiev i get even though i woulda moved him a while ago but hajek is like so far down the roster hes even a grocery stick in the press box.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I dont know why you guys arent more hyped. The guy played 20 mins a night on an awful team and still had a positive plus minus. His actual defensive metrics are better than nemeths and it only cost a 3rd. We live in a world where chiarot got a 1st and this guy is better than him. Will he make mistakes? Yes, all d do.

The qualm about schneider losing out on playing time is fine. Its a 7 game series, you need insurance. We got it and id love to flip nemeth now.

I suspect there'd be more vocal approval if Braun were a left-handed shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad