Just got my new Missions...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Hey guys. Got some new hockey rollerblades for my birthday...Mission HE5500's. They look spiffy and I've read good things about them. Going to try them out tonight, but I need to exchange them for a bigger size. Anyone have experience with them?

Man, just holding them in my hands, they are rediculously light.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Glad to hear they seem to be a good purchase. Ive not had any experience with new ranges of Mission skates for years. I got a pair of the Type M's for my 21st birthday years ago and they are nowhere near breaking down, still as stiff as i remember them being when i first got them. Awesome skate, my skating has improved a ton in the years I've had them, plus i've never injured my ankles once while wearing them unlike previous skates. I've taken slapshots of the damn things all over my feet (front, both sides, toes, ankles) and after a couple minutes of stinging, I could just carry on as before. I once heard someone describe them as 'absolute tanks' which i feel i can attest too. Only thing is i have no idea how they compare weight wise to the newer skates (say the 9500 - which I'm tempted by just to try a lighter skate, assuming its noticably lighter). Anyone able to offer a comparison as there aren't really any skates shops near me and the closest that are dont have particularly good range. Any info would be appreciated.

Anyways, back on topic, i've not had any major problems with Mission skates from the day i got my first pair (Vi's, the first year they did the black/white boot with yellow chassis). The only problem i had with the Vi's was after three years of use, the bit at the top of the back of the boot above the heel started to tear on both boots. But they were still usable and i certainly got my moneys worth out of them. Some people dont like the fit of the boot, but if that doesn't bother you, then i expect you will love them for some time yet. From everything I've read, this years Mission skate lineup has been very well received by customers. The DNA lace things on previous lines has been replaced after they (apparently) broke quite often.

Enjoy your new skates, I hope they serve you well ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad