Montreal
iEjsyyFHjnKFc.png

57378027.jpg

56900392.jpg

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Is it funny or ironic that a guy that stressed wellness in everything he did doesn't look, so, well?

lol at the perennial brylcreem look as well. Guy can look like he just got out of bed except without bedhead.

This is a guy that would do a combover if he had less hair. Or maybe its a wig...

or a duck..

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is where the "trade Hall" brigade needs to ease up. Hall was better than RNH and Eberle yesterday (rust and all) overall.

RNH and Eberle tend to shrink against bigger/tighter checking teams. It they could play against the Eastern Conference all year long -- great, but that's not the reality.

It's really worrisome that they can't seem to gain much traction against the better west teams. As nice as it is to see the spike in production under Nelson, it means absolutely nothing if they can't drive the offense consistently against their conference and division rivals.

This is where secondary scoring becomes vital and as you said, is one of the main reasons why the Oilers can't afford to trade Hall and also why they can't afford to place him back on the RNH-Eberle line. They need to find some consistent offense when the top line gets shut down. I have found the Roy line to actually be more effective against west teams but it's not a good enough line to provide reliable secondary scoring.

It will also help to get some Dmen who can push the pace. It's sad when a rookie who is supposed to be a shut down defender is their best transition Dman. Schultz is actually pretty non-existent in transition and the rest are slow plodding offensive black holes incapable of completing a pass even although Marincin will show a flash or two every now and then.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Wasn't a good game for the Oil, but I'm curious to see the bounce back against the Avs. It'll show they can let a bad game go and continue to move forward. :)

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
So I finally got around to watching the extended highlights package (as I was unable to watch the game live), and came away with the impression that the Oilers played a decent game. Pavelec made his fair share of great timely saves, while Scrivens only stopped maybe one good scoring chance. It also looked like Hall created a lot of scoring chances which is nice.

The highlights surprised me considering how depressed everyone seems to be in this PGT.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
So I finally got around to watching the extended highlights package (as I was unable to watch the game live), and came away with the impression that the Oilers played a decent game. Pavelec made his fair share of great timely saves, while Scrivens only stopped maybe one good scoring chance. It also looked like Hall created a lot of scoring chances which is nice.

The highlights surprised me considering how depressed everyone seems to be in this PGT.

EDM had some good chances and again put up 30+ shots, but the Jets took it to them alot of the game -- Hemmed them often in and were able to do whatever they wanted most of the game. The defense was brutal, more so than usual and we have to point the finger at Nikki. He probably coughed up the put 5 times in 5 minutes at one point. Trust me, it was bad. :cry:

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I agree with your sentiment, but Nikitin did make a few screw ups. Hall was bad again, but had a few great shifts so maybe he's coming around.

We're at a point in the season where it's all about scouting our players to decide who stays and who goes. I thought Purcell was okay. I'm on the fence about what to do with Nikitin. Scrivens needs to be a back up again, but imo I would prefer to have two new goalies to start next season.

If a better option is available in the summer we acquire it and do all things possible to trade Nikitin once we confirm he is still garbage once the season is underway next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad