Confirmed with Link: Jussi Jokinen Confirmed - 1 year deal @ 1.1M

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015

It's easy to agree with just about everything on that article, the only thing I disagree on was his idea of RNH as 2C. Juice can be used in more specialized combos as well, like at the end of a game as a backup draw etc. so locking him down in a certain role is not imperative. He's slowly getting up there in age, so in that regard playing on a 3rd line role for most of the season seems like a reasonable call to me. It's a luxury if the youngins play so good that he can be rotated in and out with them, at least in the first half of the season. If his stamina can be managed so that he's still going strong towards the spring and summer... that would be perfect in my opinion. :)

In a case like that, the Oilers will likely be competing for 1st in division anyway.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i think the other reason Jussi is here is to help Pujlu adjust to the NHL game

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's easy to agree with just about everything on that article, the only thing I disagree on was his idea of RNH as 2C. Juice can be used in more specialized combos as well, like at the end of a game as a backup draw etc. so locking him down in a certain role is not imperative. He's slowly getting up there in age, so in that regard playing on a 3rd line role for most of the season seems like a reasonable call to me. It's a luxury if the youngins play so good that he can be rotated in and out with them, at least in the first half of the season. If his stamina can be managed so that he's still going strong towards the spring and summer... that would be perfect in my opinion. :)

In a case like that, the Oilers will likely be competing for 1st in division anyway.

I agree.
I think a large part of Jussi's value is that he has so much utility.
I would also like to see how RNH does as a winger especially with McDavid. Its also time for Leon to drive his own line.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I've always liked Jussi, never thought he'd be an oiler, pretty cool! Is it confirmed what number he'll wear? I'm guessing 63?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Nice piece and seems well reasoned.

I'm not Oilers fan (but don't dislike you guys either, great young team) but I like Jokinen a lot and will no doubt follow your team next season to see how he does. I honestly believe that his last season was sort of a fluke and he still has at least one more good year in him. I'm sure you already know, but Jokinen has a really wide repertoire and can be used in practically all situation and all three positions. He's not excellent in any, but good in all. His ability to mentor Pulju is a cherry on top.

Where do you guys see him being slotted next year? I doubt they'll staple him to one place but I see him being in the third line with Pulju for the most of the season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I'm not Oilers fan (but don't dislike you guys either, great young team) but I like Jokinen a lot and will no doubt follow your team next season to see how he does. I honestly believe that his last season was sort of a fluke and he still has at least one more good year in him. I'm sure you already know, but Jokinen has a really wide repertoire and can be used in practically all situation and all three positions. He's not excellent in any, but good in all. His ability to mentor Pulju is a cherry on top.

Where do you guys see him being slotted next year? I doubt they'll staple him to one place but I see him being in the third line with Pulju for the most of the season.

Either on the 3rd or 4th line and on the PK is where I see him. Not sure if he'll play with Jesse or not regularly.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I see Jussi as the ultimate utility player. I thing he could slot in anywhere from the top line to the 4th line at wing or center as needed.

He had an off year offensively last season...expecting a bounce back from him in that regard.
Very valuable player....glad to have him on the team.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I see Jussi as the ultimate utility player. I thing he could slot in anywhere from the top line to the 4th line at wing or center as needed.

He had an off year offensively last season...expecting a bounce back from him in that regard.
Very valuable player....glad to have him on the team.

elite ultility player :D He had a down year but I don't think he is done I think he will bounce back and be a contributor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad