Recalled/Assigned: Jurco assigned to the Griffins for conditioning

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Jurco lit up the AHL, hasn't translated that yet, probably never will.

Sheahan wasn't dominant in the AHL, has been better than Jurco in the NHL.

How long was this back issue hampering Jurco? He'll get his opportunity at some point.

Oct 18, 2006
Some people are so harsh. He's still real young, and has been crippled by back injuries. If he's fit, he might just prove a lot of people wrong. Make or break season for him, but I wish people would back him in.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Jurco lit up the AHL, hasn't translated that yet, probably never will.

Sheahan wasn't dominant in the AHL, has been better than Jurco in the NHL.

How long was this back issue hampering Jurco? He'll get his opportunity at some point.

His back has been a problem for over a year. When he first came up he was a handful and was looking good. He then tweaked his back (against Boston?) and he hasn't been the same since. If he can play like he did when he first came up, he'll be a nice add for us.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
His time with the Wings has been mostly with sadness. When I hear the word "back surgery" I cringe. He's not that young will be 24 next month. I still can't fathom he's played 143 NHL games!

I think he's been an invisible player at the NHL level. The hype was always high and Jurco won a Memorial and Calder Cup, was leading the Griffins in points when called up. With his size, athletic ability, hands, I am befuddled why he never put it together. There's always the hope but I have never seen dominance for more than a flash. He's had the same impact as Pulkkinen, who are much lesser player than Andersson or Emmerton were for the Wings. There's always hope but for me the ship has sailed on Jurco.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
It's kind of obvious, that Bertuzzi goes down when Jurco comes up and takes roster spot.

Tyler Bertuzzi has been pretty meh. Hoping Jurco can be an upgrade

His back has been a problem for over a year. When he first came up he was a handful and was looking good. He then tweaked his back (against Boston?) and he hasn't been the same since. If he can play like he did when he first came up, he'll be a nice add for us.

If you ever read Wingingitinmotown or whatever you'll get some laughs on how Jurco should be a top line guy because he's capable of 30+ goals instantly there. Kinda like how Smith is a superstar. I think Jurco can turn it around, but he's not going to be that great. I'd like to see some skill in his game. He really can't take a pass too well and his shot has looked ever so weak at this level.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
His time with the Wings has been mostly with sadness. When I hear the word "back surgery" I cringe. He's not that young will be 24 next month. I still can't fathom he's played 143 NHL games!

I think he's been an invisible player at the NHL level. The hype was always high and Jurco won a Memorial and Calder Cup, was leading the Griffins in points when called up. With his size, athletic ability, hands, I am befuddled why he never put it together. There's always the hope but I have never seen dominance for more than a flash. He's had the same impact as Pulkkinen, who are much lesser player than Andersson or Emmerton were for the Wings. There's always hope but for me the ship has sailed on Jurco.

Tomas Jurco's 13-14 all around was fairly impressive.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
We waited, and waited, and waited for him to take the next step. Unfortunately, it never came & and we made a lot of excuses that he's still young.
I'm not really optimistic that he's doing it now of all times though, after being out due to his injury for that long. But well, what do I know. Teach me a lesson, Jurco.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
If i were Jurco.

I would spend the full 2 weeks (max time i could) in the AHL.

Build up some points and track record.

Come to the NHL on fire, with promise and hype.

This guy is fighting for his career. At this point I would imagine 90% of fans do not care if this guy gets waived. Lets hope he can do better than the literally no expectations that he has left.

I hope he is "actually" healthy, and can throw hits again.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
If he is finally healthy, I think he could turn it around and finally look like his early callups and be an NHL player again. Especially if Blash allows him to play the skill game he should play. I'd like to see him get at least a 15 game look at the NHL level to see if any of that early promise is there now that he is supposedly healthy. Bert is fine in the minors, he needs more time to develop as and offensive go to player at the AHL level.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Agreed about what you proposed, Bin. And if he isn't patient right now, he'll face the consequences soon enough.
Really hoping for him to get his confidence going down there and bounce back in the big league.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
If i were Jurco.

I would spend the full 2 weeks (max time i could) in the AHL.

Build up some points and track record.

Come to the NHL on fire, with promise and hype.

This guy is fighting for his career. At this point I would imagine 90% of fans do not care if this guy gets waived. Lets hope he can do better than the literally no expectations that he has left.

I hope he is "actually" healthy, and can throw hits again.

I think he can only be down for 6 days and 3 games since he is coming off of LTIR.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I have very, very modest expectations for Jurco this season. He hasn't played hockey in a very long time and is coming off of a back injury with no training camp or preseason. All back surgeries are bad. I am more curious to see where he ends up this time next season.

The one thing Jurco has working for him is that we have NOTHING left in GR except for Nosek, who is coming off of his own injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad