Proposal: Juolevi for Vesalainen

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Straight up, Juolevi for Vesalainen in the post-season.

Jets could use a future LD and Canucks look like they could use a future LW(as Pettersson is a C/RW from my knowledge).

Last edited:

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Juolevi, or "Joelevi"(Hahaha) is practically a bust. If I were in the Jets' perspective, I wouldn't do this trade.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Juolevi, or "Joelevi"(Hahaha) is practically a bust. If I were in the Jets' perspective, I wouldn't do this trade.
Some perspective:

Juolevi 19 points in 38 games in Liiga as a 1st yr pro.
Makar 21 points in 34 games in his 1st yr of college hockey.

They are 5 and 1/2 months apart in age.

But, you’re right. Juolevi is practically a bust.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Some perspective:

Juolevi 19 points in 38 games in Liiga as a 1st yr pro.
Makar 21 points in 34 games as a 1st yr college pro.

They are 5 and 1/2 months apart in age.

But, you’re right. Juolevi is practically a bust.

Well, he was supposed to play in the AHL this season, but, because he is struggling, he's playing in Turku.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Well, he was supposed to play in the AHL this season, but, because he is struggling, he's playing in Turku.
Hmmm...

That’s a very well thought out post.
But, I believe you missed out on one kind of important part though:
Juolevi wasn’t eligible to play in the AHL this past season. He was either going back to the OHL, or to Finland to start his pro career.

Last edited:

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017

Hmmm...

Juolevi wasn’t eligible to play in the AHL this past season. He was either going back to the OHL, or to Finland to start his pro career.

Burn baby burn.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Thank you. Anyone calling him a bust at 19 is just repeating the vitriol they hear. Yes we know he wasnt the best pick where he was taken but he’s 2nd behind Heiskanen for points by u20 Dmen in his first year in Liiga. Put your pitchforks away dudes, not every player develops the same.

Hmmm...

SenatorFrank

Jan 8, 2014
Ottawa
He's 19.... He's been working with Sami Salo (assistant or coach of somesort where he plays in sweden) to round out his defensive game and has apparently made huge strides in his first year.

Not every kid comes in a pro, doesn't make them a bust.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Canucks already have a great forward prospect pool. They need Juolevi to pan out and selling him now would be completely short-sighted. I'd say they pass on this offeroffe that doesn't take anything away from Vesalianen, who's having a terrific season. The fit just isn't there.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Canucks keep Olli Juolevi, as he's the only legit d-man prospect in the team's system.
I don't get how some think he's a bust when Craig Button has him ranked as the 24th best prospect, and 5th best among d-men -- imo, he's only behind Miro Heiskanen, and Cale Makar. Also, NHL Rank King has his PNHLe at 35pts this year, which would likely lead all Canucks d-men once the season is over.

Furthermore, the Canucks should have a high pick in this year. And assuming they don't get #1, they could potentially draft Brady Tckachuk, or Filip Zadina to fill that hole on LW.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Canucks pass. As a poster mentioned above, doesn't make sense for the Canucks.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I don't know much about Juolevi, but calling a 19 year old a bust is ridiculous. Obviously he shouldn't have been picked 5th, but just because guys picked after have passed him doesn't mean he doesn't eventually become a good NHL player.

As a Jet fan I'm hesitant to consider moving Ves because by all accounts he looks to have been a great pick, but if the Jets scouts thought Juolevi had equivalent potential I'd probably pull the trigger. They already have so many talented young wingers, trading one for a defenseman seems like it would help prevent a log jam up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad