GDT: June 10th Media Availability (Anselmi hired/Nicholson to Chairman)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Makes sense. Have a business guy run the business side and have Nicholson focus on hockey

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Huh. Weird to have a media availability for that. Seems business as usual on the hockey side.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Could tell Bobby Nicks struggled to handle all that attention after Chia was fired. It is definitely the right move for him to get out of that spotlight. No clue about the new guy.

Oh wait, it’s the other way around and Bob will focus more on hockey? Argh.

at least the press release reminded us that Holland has full autonomy. I feel better now.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Does anyone know when the media avail will be? If Katz' health is in a bad way, this could be his way of trying to set up the financial side for his family while he deals with his health issues. Hopefully this move has nothing to do with Katz' health and everything to do with Bobby Burgers not doing a very good job on the business side of things.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
v39XXHA.gif

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Wait? Bob is focusing more on hockey and the new guy is taking on the business side of things?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Is this the guy that started the exodus in OTT? Saw the shit show with Melnyk and was one of the first guys to leave?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
He was smart enough to bail on the Senators after a year so...

Reportedly after clashing with Melnyk too, so at least he has the balls to stand up to a boss who's a moron.

Plus if he's coming from MLSE before that they're probably better run on the business/entertainment side of things than the Oilers too, so I don't mind it.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Does anyone know when the media avail will be? If Katz' health is in a bad way, this could be his way of trying to set up the financial side for his family while he deals with his health issues. Hopefully this move has nothing to do with Katz' health and everything to do with Bobby Burgers not doing a very good job on the business side of things.

I heard 10:30 am on 630 ched but doesn't really interesting so probably going to pass.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wait? Bob is focusing more on hockey and the new guy is taking on the business side of things?

Yes, but fear not. The press release specifically says "Edmonton Oilers President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Ken Holland will report to Nicholson and will continue to have full autonomy over all aspects of Edmonton Oilers hockey operations."

Holland has full autonomy. I repeat, like the Oilers org over and over, he has full autonomy!

Full autonomy.

Sincerely,
-Full Autonomy

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, but fear not. The press release specifically says "Edmonton Oilers President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Ken Holland will report to Nicholson and will continue to have full autonomy over all aspects of Edmonton Oilers hockey operations."

Holland has full autonomy. I repeat, like the Oilers org over and over, he has full autonomy!

Full autonomy.

Sincerely,
-Full Autonomy
I mean they said it, no one believes them so they keep doubling down lol

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Huh. Weird to have a media availability for that. Seems business as usual on the hockey side.

Maybe they're trying to be more open with communications now? Definitely seems like it could just be a press release for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad