July Roster Progress Report! - Rate the Changes!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm a little late to the party and can't vote, but here's a brief summation of my thoughts on the changes:

I love 'em! :)

Tippet was an excellent coach and I thought we were stuck with him, due to the contract extension, but I was pleased with the parting of ways. Was terrified Doan was starting to consider re signing and was even more pleased with the announcement that he was not going to be. The culture needed a change, no direct fault of Tippet, or Doan and this thing has been turned on its proverbial head!

I am concerned with the loss of Vrbata's production, but this is what this type of thing looks like and it will be up to others to fill the void. Stepan (who may cover all Vrbata's production and then some) will be a help, but it will be up to the young and up and comers to go beyond, because just filling the Vrbata void obviously won't be enough.

Okay with Smith being sent and Raanta should do well. Delighted to have the Hammer, but am concerned with him having played many hard minutes, will also be interesting to see what he does w/o the excellence that is the Blackhawks around him.

Not much detail here, but all in all it's the culture change that has me enthused, perhaps more so than ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad