GDT: July 1st Free Agent Frenzy (TSN free agent tracker in post #1)

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Good signings for Vancouver, they need to fill up their line-up, and Gagner, Del Zotto, Nilsson are good and relatively still young players.

Daley to Detroit seems also solid. Pavelec to NYR, that's helluva surprising and will be very interesting how it plays out.

All depending on term and money, obviously.

On the same page as you. NYR not totally sure, but the rest are good pickups for the respective teams.

Nilsson is a decent Goalie and I hope he has a good season with the Nucks!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Girardi is getting $3M, then MacDonald is tradeable if we eat half the contract. Because I don't see much difference - both are 3rd pair guys.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
If Girardi is getting $3M, then MacDonald is tradeable if we eat half the contract. Because I don't see much difference - both are 3rd pair guys.

Mac is still on the hook for 3 more yrs right 15m? I wonder what hextall can do to make this happen, not sure eating 50% will work. I mean your a GM of the other team you know they trying to make this move, they will want to a lot in return.

Worse case say no one takes Amac, if more of the young guys are ready and would fill the lines on D, what do you do with mac , scratch him or send him to AHL till he's done?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
McKenzie breaking everything early is kind of a dick move. I would expect he gets some blowback from TSN on this.

Its very anti-climatic to have this stuff trickle out early on Twitter.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The Alzner contract really isn't dreadful. GMs have gotten much better at controlling themselves when it comes to UFA's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad