GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Frenzy | II

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gagner will be wanting term. Not necessarily the end of the world, as we're going to need a couple of top-six forwards once the Sedins retire, which is a possibility at the end of this season.

Wild guess...3-4 years, $5m AAV.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So if all is correct after tomorrow will have:

Nillsson
D Zotto
Gagner
Rodin

And maybe Yakapov???

Thats not bad at all if there on 1 or 2 year deals then that means we can trade them at the TDL for assets. If not this year the one after. Nillsson better not be for more then 2 years cause Demko. I think even 2 years is pushing it unless the plan is to trade him at the TDL and get Demmer some games

Anyways much better approach then last years absolute disgusting disaster of walking away with

Eriksson for 6 years
Gudbranson

And losing

2016 33rd overall
Mccann

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Gagner will be wanting term. Not necessarily the end of the world, as we're going to need a couple of top-six forwards once the Sedins retire, which is a possibility at the end of this season.

Wild guess...3-4 years, $5m AAV.

Please no.

Anything other than a 1 or 2 year deal and it's a mistake.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Zero issue signing gagne .. max 3 years. Young enough he could be around when we are competitive again.

Could be a good fit with bo on the second unit

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The only issue I have with Gagner is he will be used an excuse for Boeser not to get 1st unit PP time. BB should be the right handed trigger man on that unit, but we'll see I guess. Don't want to assume Travis Green is Willie D 2.0.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Take this with a grain of salt from Hockeybuzz but is says Canucks are talking to Gagner still and Yakipov

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Fun fact about Sam Gagner: he's been in the NHL for 46 years and is only 27.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Wtf is going on, i think jimbo trying to sign an entire roster

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Wish we were saving the cap space for bringing in higher end players in the future (when we might be competitive) rather than giving long term contracts to mediocre and less than mediocre players that we will be stuck with, when we are looking to add true quality to a young emerging team.

Moves that seem imminent make it seem the rebuild is again shelved and we stretch the mediocrity further into the future. Term will be the key to this. None of these players should be signed long term. We must be able to shed contract when we need to add good players when we have chance to compete.

Seems to me that Benning is making the situation worse. No surprise there.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
These are type of signings playoff teams should be making to fill a couple remaining holes- not a bottom 2 team. This reeks of a guy trying to save his job

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Talking to different players is good. Your first choice might not sign with you sonys good to have a second choice ready to sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad