Confirmed with Link: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
just not sure how you get him to fit in the cap, not unless they get san jose to eat part of his salary. rangers dont have a bad contract to send back.

hagsfan924

Sep 1, 2011
I could see us signing one of the following to a one year deal at a low cost ($2 mil or less) to fill the third or fourth line wing spot...
Setoguchi, Heatley, Penner, Galliardi, Booth or Ott.
I think we'll also resign Carcillo on a minimum or near minimum deal to be our 13th forward. Lastly, I think Miller, Fast, Lindberg and maybe even Duclair will compete for the last one or two open spots.

If the Isles were smart they'll now try to move Bailey and prospect(s) for a d-man such as Mike Green, Phaneuf or someone similar. If they were really smart they'd try to work out a deal with Boston for Krug or Seidenberg. Boston cannot afford Krug without moving someone and the Isles do have quality forward prospects they could offer. The Isles can't offer sheet someone like Subban since they don't have next years 1st.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Isles making good moves. Not contracts I would want but they need to add skill wherever they can.

Halak was a GREAT move. They finally have a #1.

AHB*

Isles making good moves. Not contracts I would want but they need to add skill wherever they can.

Halak was a GREAT move. They finally have a #1.

They can afford those contract because they aren't weighed down by their star player who is ten times better then Nash.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
They can afford those contract because they aren't weighed down by their star player who is ten times better then Nash.

Yeah, definitely doesn't have to do with their trying to just reach the floor for almost as long as some of us can remember...

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

While our franchise player got every last cent out of us.

His right, and I'm happy to have him but it needs to be noted. If his career ends without a cup, that will be a factor.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Not sure I'd say that. STL thought so much of him they traded for Miller and traded him to Washington.

I've always been a Halak guy. I was one of those who was saying he was better than Price. I was obviously wrong, but I'm still holding onto some hope that he will prove to be a top 10 goalie.

I guess I should hope I'm wrong, though.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yeah, to be clear I wouldn't touch either of those forwards with those contract but the Isles have to overpay and have to do something other than putting out a joke of a roster year in year out.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
OK what about Montreal? What about Washington who has had a revolving door in net similar to the Islanders.

Montreal had Price, who they felt was going to be a legitimate franchise goaltender. Halak is solid, but he's not Price. Washington seems to have faith in Holtby, and even then, who knows if Halak wanted to stay in Washington?

Halak isn't amazing or anything, but he's a competent starting goalie at worst.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
OK what about Montreal? What about Washington who has had a revolving door in net similar to the Islanders?

Montreal made a choice to go with Price and sold high after Halak's postseason, so I wouldn't consider MTL moving him as a slight.

Washington is fair. I was pretty upset when he was traded there and they didn't have a clear #1 so them moving him does say something, I'll admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad