GDT: July 1 Frenzy

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
As long as he was told he is gonna be the #7 guy, I like the signing. From everything we’ve been hearing this off-season about letting the kids play, and Monty’s style is about speed etc, we shouldn’t worry about Polak stealing ice time from the kids.

It’s also a one year deal.

Last edited:

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I don't like the Polak signing, but I'd rather have Polak sitting in the press box for one year than some of the insane deals that have been made so far by other teams.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hey guys, be prepared for icings.

Polak LOVES icing the puck.

Like, he wakes up, and looks at a framed photograph of himself icing the puck

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Just a friendly warning.

There’s a good depth guy in Polak, but he’ll drive you nuts with his icings :laugh:

I didn't grasp this from reading two posts from the thread on the mainboards so I'm really glad you posted it here

We had Jordie Benn. He iced the puck a lot too, probably equally as bad as Polak to be honest.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I didn't grasp this from reading two posts from the thread on the mainboards so I'm really glad you posted it here

We had Jordie Benn. He iced the puck a lot too, probably equally as bad as Polak to be honest.

I didn’t read the main board.

Why are you so up tight?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Polak is a guy I've made fun of in the past because he's so terrible. So my thoughts on this are ****. But ultimately as a 6th or 7th, whatever .

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cause we don't like the signing and you come in and tell us how much he sucks. We know...

He’s fine as a 6/7 D and P.K. guy.

You’ll notice that come February, when games start to tighten up, he’ll get a bit better too.

Spring Polak is quite effective

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
For what it's worth, Nill filled two roster spots and probably only spent $3.6 million at most of his cap room. He's gone cheap at two positions. Time to see if doing so means the rest of the money is going to provide real help.

Reactions: Dallasman

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
For what it's worth, Nill filled two roster spots and probably only spent $3.6 million at most of his cap room. He's gone cheap at two positions. Time to see if doing so means the rest of the money is going to provide real help.

Kind of my thoughts. We need another impact forward and have the cap space with these signings

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
He’s fine as a 6/7 D and P.K. guy.

You’ll notice that come February, when games start to tighten up, he’ll get a bit better too.

Spring Polak is quite effective
I sincerely hope you're right. I've never been a fan of him, and his style of play with age means it's only going to get worse.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Spezza - Nichushkin
Shore - Faksa - Ritchie
Hanzal, Pitlick, Smith, Elie, Hintz

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
Methot - Honka
Polak, Heatherington

Bishop
Khudobin

So much garbage depth. We have the room to sign another forward but idk if we will.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

I thought Nichushkin was rumored to get ~3M AAV

Janmark will get ~2M

Devin Shore will chip into that too

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I sincerely hope you're right. I've never been a fan of him, and his style of play with age means it's only going to get worse.

I had meltdowns both times the Leafs signed him. I’m probably the biggest Polak detractor on the Leafs board. I’m glad I won’t see him ice the puck when we have skilled talent available for passes.

However for what he is, for assumingly, 1 year, 1M, he’s effective

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I had meltdowns both times the Leafs signed him. I’m probably the biggest Polak detractor on the Leafs board. I’m glad I won’t see him ice the puck when we have skilled talent available for passes.

However for what he is, for assumingly, 1 year, 1M, he’s effective

Should be an easy contract to trade when we're out of the playoff race in January.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Spezza - Nichushkin
Shore - Faksa - Ritchie
Hanzal, Pitlick, Smith, Elie, Hintz

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
Methot - Honka
Polak, Heatherington

Bishop
Khudobin

So much garbage depth. We have the room to sign another forward but idk if we will.
This is where I’m at as well. Just so much fat I wish we could trim off the roster. Shore, Ritchie, Smith, Elie, Dickinson, etc. Don’t want any of them here.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
This is where I’m at as well. Just so much fat I wish we could trim off the roster. Shore, Ritchie, Smith, Elie, Dickinson, etc. Don’t want any of them here.
Right? I don't feel like our roster is much different/better than last year. Hopefully Heiskanen comes in hot, otherwise this could be another long year (even more so if no Seguin extension this Summer).
edit: also I should wait til free agency ends (or even starts)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad