GDT: July 1 - Free Agent National Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
why are people laughing that Lucic can't be on waivers. that's what a NMC means. (unless it's like a super powerful NMC or something).

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Haha holy **** Edmonton signed Monster. He's soooooo bad. Oilers will be **** forever.

too much beer at lunch?

he played decent last year for the bruins and the year prior for Detroit. he actually had the same save % as our current "backup" at 4.2M.

as a backup he's a fine option, certainly not as a starter though.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
With all these deals of 50% being signing bonuses i think the agents/players found a loophole in the CBA to essentially create more security for their players. Because of the signing bonuses it makes the contracts almost buyout proof so it is more likely the players will play out their entire contract or at least until the players wants to retire.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
why are people laughing that Lucic can't be on waivers. that's what a NMC means. (unless it's like a super powerful NMC or something).

the last two years perhaps?

their contract explanation sounded weird.

what happens if the player retires with all these signing bonuses?

food for thought.

CG14

Aug 15, 2010
Halifax
Ladd, Backes, and Nielsen will all be bought out at varying points of those atrocious contracts

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Craig with a slow burn on Poulin
"yes the deal looks great now but I worry about years 6-7." Look at Poulin. hahaha

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
i'll also preach how happy I am toronto hasn't made an dumb offers. I don't like Okposo and never wanted him here. He's a lazy player and I'm happy our rival paid out the ass for him.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I was really hoping for David Schlemko. $2.05m x 4y is a sweet heart of a deal for SJ. He's way better than Ben Lovejoy.

Still hoping for Demers, or even Wisniewski.

I'm glad the Leafs haven't done anything stupid yet. I do wish we had gone in on Okposo and Schlemko.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
With all these deals of 50% being signing bonuses i think the agents/players found a loophole in the CBA to essentially create more security for their players. Because of the signing bonuses it makes the contracts almost buyout proof so it is more likely the players will play out their entire contract or at least until the players wants to retire.

Depending on where they make their residence, it can also have major tax implications.

i.e. Stamkos is only taxed in Florida for his base salary of $1 million. The rest is bonuses.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
the last two years perhaps?

their contract explanation sounded weird.

yah. like to be fair i walked in late so i missed it - but i'm like...why are people are amused by this.
(but if it's the last two years than it's yuck).

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Maybe it's best the leafs will stay on course for one more year and just acquire/trade another 1 year contract to trade at the deadline.

Currently: Michalek/Laich and hunwick might be worth a pick

Doubt p.a parenteau is resigned because no one wanted him despite his great numbers. That is unless injuries were the reason.

I wouldn't mind another 11 picks next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad