Confirmed with Link: Julien Nantel signs ELC

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's also a 7th round pick. I'm sure to some degree he's happy to have been drafted. The fact he got a contract i'm sure is because of his play, but he's probably a bit more humble than kids from the 1st round.

Wasn't he projected as a first rounder well before his actual draft?

Seems like he responded appropriately.

I do remember one early draft guide had him as a first rounder but that was probably stretching it a little. Central scouting had him ranked 52 so he shouldn't have been a 7th rounder. He said he thought he would go around the 4th so that's probably right.

March 1 is when they can sign contracts for the following year so it's not so much out of the blue. It's like they had decided on him and waited for March. His deal is about what Geertsen's is but the signing bonus is lower. Avs don't tend to cheap out on the ELCs they give, seems like they give a fair offer so there probably wasn't much negotiation.

I'm real curious to see if in fact this is how they do things or it was just the 2014 kids. They should get at least Meloche and possibly Beaudin signed earlier but they could just wait until next March too.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Like someone else said, as soon as Comphers season is done lock him up. He's easily the next target. Right after him Butcher i'd guess.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Has Butcher's skating taken a huge step this season that I don't know about?

Yes and no... he has improved a bit (slimming down was the right move for him), but he finally just got an opportunity as well.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I guess I could be his older brother, if he has one. :laugh:

I just think Nantel is a fun dark horse to cheer for. at least it's more creative than expecting some russians to come over from the KHL, people have to admit it. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad