Confirmed with Link: Julien & Muller Fired! Ducharme Interim Coach & Burrows Joins Habs Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Time for Waite to go? what has he accomplished? done nothing with any backups and sure doesn't look like he's doing Price any good.
Price played well under difficult circumstances the past two years. This year, he's playing extremely well against tough shots. Allen is playing well period. The only problem would be unforced errors from Price. That's not on Waite and I don't know why anyone would think he should take any blame here.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chiarot is put in bad situation where he has to play on the top pairing where he shouldn't. He is an excellent no4, just like Edmundson.
Bergevin inability to bring a real partner to weber should be questionned.

Chiarot ahead of kulak anyday on my team, and any NHL GM teams is a ni brainer

Too many similar D on the left side. Package one with some other assets and try to land a top 4 PMD.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Agreed, makes no sense. Seems more like RDS is trying hard to suck up to the new boss.

Selling the product I guess.
It's funny how when a player is traded, or a coach fired....these people suddenly knows a lot of inside stories.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What’s the sense with Ducharme? Seems like the type of young coach, who has experience with young players, that this board likes?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Rumor has it Timmins was really high on Forsberg and Terravainen.

I don't want to get into a debate about Timmins. But I've always hated the drafting for need/position strategy. Do the work, draft the player you best think will be a good hockey player. Hopefully KK does well. But they loved Tkachuk and were clearly going to ta kn e the center if if they had Tkachuk ahead of KK. In hindsight they've said they took Galchenyuk over Forsberg and Reilly because they were looking for centers - not as an excuse, but as a justification!

At the end of the day we would have complained about Forsberg if we had drafted him. And that has nothing to do with him as a player, he is excellent. At 26, putting up multiple 50-60 point seasons and a lock for 20-30 goals is nothing to sneeze at. But we would have complained because he's not a superstar. And in Nashville, they have been waiting and predicting every year that he was on the verge of breaking out, but it's never happened.

Teravainen is another good one, but took him 5-6 years to really put it together. Another guy that would have burned out in Montreal because we have zero patience.

I was saying back at the draft that we should get Brady Tkachuk, but everyone here told me he had no talent and a low ceiling and was going to bust in the NHL. I actually was convinced a bit by you guys. KK may still have a higher ceiling but it's going to take a while for him to get there, and it isn't likely that Montreal will have enough patience for that. If they really wanted to draft someone for immediate impact they should have gone with Brady.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I was thinking that maybe there were rumbles that the players would rather play for Ducharme then Julien and that's why the change came. I believe this new style of play with the up tempo pace and heavy forecheck actually came from Ducharme. They started playing this way when he got here. If I remember correctly, each of the seasons since he was hired, the team had a hot start playing an up tempo game, then they would revert back to the old defensive style after a few loses. It seems like this time was too much for Bergevin and he has now decided to go all in with the Ducharme system. Let's see how the team responds tomorrow

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sure, but he still showed something. He took his game to the next level. Once you display a skill like that, you own it. It still has to be there, it needs to be brought out again. No one is asking him to do something he's not done before as we all realize he's only 20. But, that recent display of skill, it should be there, is all I'm suggesting.
It's not uncommon for kids to have hot streaks and revert back to lesser play.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Price played well under difficult circumstances the past two years. This year, he's playing extremely well against tough shots. Allen is playing well period. The only problem would be unforced errors from Price. That's not on Waite and I don't know why anyone would think he should take any blame here.
I still believe this team will make some noise come playoffs, but they aren't winning a cup with Price. I'd be surprised if he were around that long. I give him 2 years at most and they'll have to make a decision (Primeau will be ready by then , hopefully). And yes, I know Price has a no trade clause.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
MB has a unique talent. He's an arsonist who always sets himself up to be a fireman but Geoff only sees him in the latter role.
Jeeze, MB is always the fireman when Geoff and Marc are role playing. I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what role Geoff plays and where they are playing.

Reactions: Runner77

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
I believe that they started to suck right after Armia got injured in his 4pts game .. Or really close to it after.

That's when obviously Clod changed the lines slowly but surely and ruined the team's confidance by going back to the looser play not to loose mentality and then benched Tatar and Lech for no frikkin reasons.. And that's not talking about baby Mete crying his self out the team if he couldn't play with the boys..

That's what I think happened and veterans and players in general didn't buy the plan anymore plain and simple.

Change was needed I agree! Have nothing against the mans involved but clearly when your last or second to last in PP & PK for 5 years and the guy is still there...
Cosser qui se passe barnak!? Cosser tu comprends pas!?

Yeah good riddance in all respects for the human beings but not for their lack of competence and lack of evolution in team strategies!

We're in 2021 for crying out loud! Get with the program! Loll

Reactions: HKbleu

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
At the end of the day we would have complained about Forsberg if we had drafted him. And that has nothing to do with him as a player, he is excellent. At 26, putting up multiple 50-60 point seasons and a lock for 20-30 goals is nothing to sneeze at. But we would have complained because he's not a superstar. And in Nashville, they have been waiting and predicting every year that he was on the verge of breaking out, but it's never happened.

Teravainen is another good one, but took him 5-6 years to really put it together. Another guy that would have burned out in Montreal because we have zero patience.

I was saying back at the draft that we should get Brady Tkachuk, but everyone here told me he had no talent and a low ceiling and was going to bust in the NHL. I actually was convinced a bit by you guys. KK may still have a higher ceiling but it's going to take a while for him to get there, and it isn't likely that Montreal will have enough patience for that. If they really wanted to draft someone for immediate impact they should have gone with Brady.

If one gives any consideration to ROI on a rookie contract, the Sens are miles ahead with Tkachuk. Sure wish KK’s first year wasn’t burned as it was.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar Suzuki Anderson
Toffoli Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Byron Danault Lehkonen/Armia
Drouin Evans Armia/Perry

Perry, Byron, Lehkonen, and Armia can rotate out of the lineup.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tiens, tiens. Price sucks the bag and they fire the coach. I've seen this movie before.
You mean Price couldn't cover up for a shitty team right?

Be honest, did you think this team was playing well? No doubt Price has given up clunkers all year but that's beside the point. We have not played well in weeks. Look at the scoring chances over the past couple of games... against freaking Ottawa. Swap out some of Price's great saves for the clunker. Imagine if he'd let in one of the great scoring chances instead of the beachball... does it change anything from a team perspective? No.

Price has his own issues. But that is completely apart from the team. The team simply wasn't playing well and the coach got deservedly fired for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad