Confirmed with Link: Julien BriseBois Signs An Extension

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Finally the off season is over.
I hope all of you are fine guys!!! :)
And that best possible way to start a new season is read this kind of news.
The best GM in the league will stay with us for many more years. If we're a dynasty team is in particular because of him.
Really happy about that.
Other BriseBombs to come :D

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
jonah-hill-fist-pump.gif

Reactions: Todd1a

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If staff were part of the cap, JBB would come up with some wild workarounds for himself.

I'm not expecting the money to come out, but do we know the years?

The Lightning have a tendency to be arbitrary about what information they give. Assuming no announcement at all I don't see how it makes any sense for JBB to be here any less than the 2 seasons following this year regardless of when his contract expires. Whatever the organization feels is long enough for JBB to continue making BiG boii choices like Hedman and Stamkos' contract expiring by then will be the right call

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Two tweets that tie BriseBois and Montréal together essentially. For whatever it's worth, I've never once had the same kind of concern about JBB going to back to Montréal being an inevitability in the way that I always thought Yzerman eventualy going back to Detroit was.

It's definitely more wishful thinking on Montreals part. He had a job with them a while ago and he is from there. That's where it pretty much begins and ends because the only legendary status he has there is because of the things he's accomplished here while SY was already a legend in Detroit. I think for JBB why leave this at all when you know you got a situation like it is here with great owner in Vinik and already established system and all that goes with that?

Also don't think they would have the same kind of patience the Red Wings fans probably have with SY. At least some media wouldn't. Which we all know how that goes with the bigger markets. Another reason why he might want to avoid that situation. Maybe later on in his career to take on a new type of challenge after he feels like he's done all he wants here. Just feels like the job here isn't quite done yet. Still some untapped potential to further the resume with this franchise. Which sounds weird to say after winning 2 in a row.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad